Friday, 21 December 2012

All Used Up #1

All Used Up #1

image.jpeg
 
I like reading empties posts because you can only really tell what a product is like after finishing it all up. So here are products that I have used up recently:
 
Superdrug Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Soft Pink (I could not find the original)
 There's not too much to say about this product. It lasts all day and leaves you smelling nice. The scent is very girly and well pink (if a smell can be pink!?)
 
Boots Ingredients Cammomile & Lemon Balm Conditioner (purchase here for £1.29)
This conditioner I have is not actually empty. There is still about a quarter left but it just did absolutely nothing for my hair. A conditioner is meant to leave your hair feeling really smooth and soft but this did not do it at all. When I put it in, I usually brush my hair out and wait about 5 minutes and it feels really soft and tangle free. But with this in, I couldn't brush it at all and ended up having to put another conditioner in as well. This did not make it feel soft or shiny afterwards at all and I would not recommend it. It's thin and runny in texture, not a thick moisturising conditioner at all!
 
Palmolive Aroma Therapy Shower Gel (I could not find the original)
 I liked this shower gel. I used this with a loafer and the orangey scent stayed for a couple of days which was nice. Overall, a nice cheap shower gel that leaves you feeling fresh and clean.
 
Clean and Clear Blackhead cleansing Scrub (I could not find the original)
I'm undecided about this as I ended up spilling half of it all over the bathroom so I haven't used it for a particularly long time. The last time I tried it, I used a cotton pad and popped a bit on that and ran it all over my face twice a day as my daily cleanser. I have sensitive skin and I found this did sting a little. After using it for a couple of days, it hadn't really cleared my break outs or black heads at all so I wouldn't really recommended
 
17 Fast Finish Nail Polish in Pink lemonade (purchase here
I really liked this colour. It was a pretty pink. It lasted well and with 2 coats you got bottle colour. But as with all the 17 polishes I have tried, this polish dried up after very little time which is a shame as I really liked it. This has really put me off buying 17 polishes in the future as they just dry up so quickly and they are the same price as Barry M which I think are much better quality.
 
Mavala in Riga (purchase here for £3.50)
This is the second nail polish that I have ever used up. This was my absolute favourite nail polish and I used to wear it a lot of the time which is why it ran out so quickly and it is a relatively small bottle. It's a beautiful pastel shade with a nice formula staying power which I have found to be a really close dupe for a Nails inc polish which I will do a post on soon. I think I may have to repurchase this!
 
The Little Pink Tin (purchase here for 99p)
This is a cute little tin of Vaseline for your lips. It's unscented and does quite a good job at moisturising my lips but I think the original Vaseline is better and keeping cracked lips away.
 
MUA glitter in shade 2 (could not find this)
This was quite a nice product although there was not enough glitter in the formula which made the glitter hard to apply and look a bit sparse on the eyes. and there was not much product in the tube and so it got used up very quickly. But it was an ok gold glitter. There are better ones out there!
 
Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara (purchase here for £1.99)
This was a bit of a hopeless mascara. After about an hour of wearing this it appeared all under my eyes which is not an attractive look. This did nothing for my lashes and did not even blacken them! Avoid at all costs.
 
No 7 Extreme Length Mascara (purchase here for £12)
I'm not sure about extreme length but this wasn't terrible. It gave me a subtle look to my lashes so for anybody that loves false looking lashes this is not for you. I used this really well now on my bottom lashes seeing as it has dried up a bit but it adds a nice amount of mascara and I find the brush is perfect for this!
 
 Beauty and the Budget
X
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment