Sunday, 23 December 2012

Dupe - Mavala in Riga and Nails inc in Elizabeth Street

Dupe - Mavala in Riga and Nails inc in Elizabeth Street

image.jpeg
 
If you have seen my all used up #1 post, you will know that I was really upset when I used up my Riga by Mavala polish. It is a staple nail colour that every nail enthusiast should have in their collection. So, when I was in the market for a new baby pink colour, I got Nails inc's Elizabeth street which is very similar to Riga but a lot more expensive!
 
Both shades are a really pretty pink which is hard to find as not many nail companies can do a good baby pink well. They tend to be really sheer and just a bit bleughh if you get what I mean. But Mavala, a brand you don't hear about much and nails inc which you hear a lot about in the blogging world both do them very well.
 image.jpeg
Both polishes are really similar in shade, the Mavala just being a slightly pinkier polish and the Nails inc being a little sheerer and verging on nude in the colour spectrum.
 image.jpeg
The formula is quite similar for both polishes. They both last really nicely, although I think the Nails inc has the edge there when it comes to wear. But as with this sort of light colour, they both need quite a few coats to get the bottle colour. I'd say you need 2, maybe 3 coats with Mavala and with Nails inc your going to need 3 good coats.
image.jpeg 
As with all Mavala polishes, (I got a gift set so expect more NOTD's from mavala) I find the finish is really nice and very shiny and also with Nails inc you get a lovely finish.
 
Overall, I think Mavala just pimps Nails inc to the post here as the colour is less sheer so requires less coats and it has a pinkier colour and it's a lot less expensive but the Nails inc polish is still very nice and may last a little longer.
 
You can purchase Riga here for £3.50 and Elizabeth Street here for £11 
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

No comments:

Post a Comment