Friday, 21 December 2012

My Top 7 Christmas Nail Picks

My Top 7 Christmas Nail Picks
image.jpeg
 
I have found 7 nail polishes that I think will be perfect for the Christmas holidays and new year aswell.
 
Some of these polishes have been featured in a Nails of the Day post which I will link if you want to check them out. So with out further ado off we go!
 
image.jpeg
 
1. Barry M Nail Paint in Barry Blue - £2.99 (you can purchase here)
 
 
image.jpeg
This is the perfect darker shade of blue but still has lots of shimmer in. It's perfect for people who don't like too much sparkle, just a hint! The formula is quite nice to apply. You need 2 coats to get bottle colour.  But dosen't stick around for too long, about 2 days, unlike my other Barry M polishes.  And the brush is a bit on the small side but nevertheless it's a really fun colour!
 
2. Colllection 2000 Lasting Colour in Green with Envy - £2.99 (you can purchase here)
 
image.jpeg
 
I used this green polish in my Christmas nail tutorial and that was the first time I used it but I actually really like it on it's own as well. The formula is really good and the brush is comparable to Essie. It's huge. It lasts about 3 days with 2 coats and is a nice metallic green colout perfect for the festive period!
 
3. Mavala Nail Colour Cream in Roccoco red for £3.50 (you can purchase here)
 
image.jpeg
 
Again, I used this polish in my Xmas tutorial. Yesterday, I had this on my nails and I was just thinking how glossy it looked after 2 days. The formula of this is really nice, very easy to apply and stays on for 3 or maybe 4 days and you could get a way with only one coat. It's a classic red good for a girl who's not that into unusual colours and likes her nails to look classically glamorous for the festive times.
 
4. Accesorize Nail Polish in Aztec - £4.00 (you can purchase here)
 
 
This is the first accesorize nail polish I have tried and I really liked it. The colour changes in the light and it has gold, purple and green tones. This takes exactly 2 coats to get the bottle colour and it stays on really well and is easy to apply. I will be trying more polishes from them in the future!
 
5. Accesorize Nail Polish in Pink Spice - £4.00 (I couldn't find this on their website but it may be in the shop)
 
image.jpeg
 
 I really love this colour. Just looking at it makes me happy.  The colour changes (and sparkles in the light) and has tones of orange and purple, a bit like the sunset. The formula of this is really similar to Aztec above. Great formula, you only need 2 coats and it lasts really nicely and they sparkle in the light!
 
6. 17 Fast Finish Nail Polish in Potion - £2 (you can purchase here)
 
image.jpeg 
 
I have done a blog post on this before in quite a bit of detail. I really like the colour but the formula isn't too great which is a shame. It's yet another polish that changes in the light with tones of gold and green that is really nice for Christmas.
 
7. Barry M Magnetic Nail Paint in Moon dust - £5 (you can purchase here)
 
image.jpeg
 
This polish will be the talk of the Xmas parties as everyone will wonder how you created it and it's really simple to do (tutorial coming up) Even if you don't use the magnetic feature on this polish, it's a really nice silvery polish with gold flickers running through it. But when magnetised, you get these really pretty stripes that make the polish look more golden, silver and brown and like a professional manicure. This is easy to apply, lasts well and looks so cool! 
 
Well that concludes my top 7 nail picks. I will probably be wearing one of the two accesorize polishes above on my nails for the big day! I will be doing Nails of the Day posts with all these polishes soon as well so if you particularly like the look of one of these, watch out for a NOTD post soon!
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment