Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Nails of the Day - 17 Fast Finish Nail Polish in Poison (Chanel - Peridot dupe)

Nails of the Day-
17 Fast Finish Nail Polish in Poison
(Chanel- Peridot dupe)
 
Sorry about the absence of posts for the last couple of day.. I've just been a bit busy. Anyway, today I have swatches of Poison by 17. This is the first (apart from Topshop) dupe for Chanel's peridot which before seeing this I was thinking about splurging on at £18.
 
image.jpeg
 
The colour of this is almost exactly the same as Peridot. It is a two toned metallic polish of green and yellow and also has lots of sparkle as well perfect for Christmas (I have a top 7 Xmas nail picks post coming up soon!). It's one of those polishes where you find your self turning your head from side to side like a lunatic just to see all the different colours in it! Perfect for entertaining yourself on long journeys!
 
 
 
image.jpeg
 
 
I could ramble on all day about how much I love the colour but what was not so great about this polish was the formula. I have had 17 polishes in the past and have had the same bad experience with the formula.
 
The second time I applied this polish after only having it for about a month, I found it had nearly dried out which is annoying as I have only had it for a short time.
 
image.jpeg
 
You need 2 coats of this to get the bottle colour but I find when your applying the second coat as the brush goes along your nail, it gets really dry making the polish go really streaky and no have a smooth finish. I think this might have something to do with the 'fast finish' of this polish. Maybe that's what makes it go dry halfway through application. And the brush is small, not fantastic either. This polish started chipping on the second day so you might want to use a good base and top coat with this to get a bit more wear out of it.
 
Overall, I love this colour and it's almost identical to it's Chanel counter part but I'm sure that the Chanel formula would be a lot nicer, well it would have to be for £18! But, if you like me love this colour, maybe it would be worth splashing the cash or maybe putting it on your Christmas wish list!
 
Other dupes for Peridot include:
 
OPI- Just spotted the lizard (available here)
 
Deborah Lippmann- Swagga like us! (available here)
 
But you can purchase the 17 dupe here for £2 (currently on offer, reduced from £2.99)
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

2 comments:

  1. awesome post :)
    your blog is great!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete