Sunday, 23 December 2012

Top 5 Worst Budget Beauty Products

Top 5 Worst Budget Beauty Products
 
 image.jpeg
 
As much as I would love too, I don't have the money to go out and splurge on high end beauty products and I think that you can find some real gems even if you are on a budget and then save your money to maybe splurge on one or two things that are just.. a neccesity! But, when trying out these budget products, sometimes you come across some that are just.. not so great! So here are my top 6 worst..
 
Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara -£1.99(you can purchase here)
 
image.jpeg
 
This mascara was really very bad. I bought it about a year ago and I think I have used it once just to find out how bad it was! This added nearly no volume or length to my lashes and after an hour, it was all under my eyes, definitely not a water guard mascara, There are some good mascaras you can get for the same price for just the same price. Lip and cheek products look nice so I may try some of them and see if I am a little more impressed!
 
MUA liquid eyeliner in Shade 5 (I could not find this on line but it may be in a shop)

image.jpeg
 
I think MUA are a really good budget make up brand and I have tried some products from them that have been amazing but I'm afraid this was not one of them. The liquid eyeliner is hard to apply because of the small brush made of plastic which leaves bare skin between your eye and the liner which looks a little strange. The colour of this is a nice shiny black but it does not last long and tends to flake away after only a couple of hours leaving a patchy line.

image.jpeg

W7 Nail Polish in Lavender Pearl (you can purchase here for £1.95)

image.jpeg

When I picked up this polish, I really should have looked a bit harder at it so I think the reason I dislike it is partly myself. This looks a lovely colour from the outside, a light purple with a shimmery darker purple running through it which translates onto the nails. The only problem is this polish is SO sheer! I have tried 4 or even 5 coats just to see if I could get any more coverage but no. Maybe I will use this from now on as a top coat over another colour and that may work well. I wish it was less sheer as it is such a lovely colour. I will be trying some more W7 polishes as I've seen some swatches on line and they look really good.

W7 Concealer in Shade 2 (you can purchase here for £1.99) 

image.jpeg

I'm not a fan of this concealer either as I find that it gives quite a nice coverage and does help to cover up blemishes however it does leave an orange stain afterwards and is also a bit drying. It's a shame about the orange stain this product leaves as it does cover imperfections nicely. I have tried other shades and it still has the orange streak so it's not just that it's the wrong shade for me. So I wouldn't recommend this as there are nicer concealers out there in that price range.
image.jpeg

Natural Collection Colour Foundation in Sand (you can purchase here for £1.99)
image.jpeg
This is similar to the W7 concealer in that they both leave orange stains leaving you looking like an umpalumpa which is not an attractive look. This does not give much of a coverage either and I think foundation is one of those products where you may want to spend just a tiny bit more on to find a good one for you.
image.jpeg
I hope you enjoyed this post. Just because I did not like these products does not mean I don't like any others and I will be trying out more budget products for those who don't have that cash to spend!

Beauty and the Budget
X

 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment