Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Nail Trends - Cobalt Blue Nails

Nail Trends - Cobalt Blue Nails
When I first started to notice more and more people sporting blue nails and more blogs giving their run down on the trend, I decided to inform you on this new trend!
 
Cobalt blue nails add a serious pop of colour to your hands perfect for both pale and tanned skins, the nails can give more colour to your outfit so if you're wearing an all black dress, you can brighten it up with cobalt blue nails.
 
I have chosen 4 nail polishes from high street to high end which all are bang on trend. So here they are from cheaper to more expensive..

 
 
1. Barry M Nail Paint in Cobalt Blue - £2.99 (available here) 
I don't know about you but for a trend like cobalt nails I don't like to spend lods of money on them. I'd rather spend a little more on the classic colours like reds and pinks. This is an electic bright blue polish and if it's anything like most of my other Barry M polishes then this has a nice formula and you should ge the beautiful colour in just 2 coats.

(image source - theinternetbeautysource.co.uk)
2. No 7 Stay Perfect Nail Polish in Stonewash - £5.50 (available here)
This is a slightly more toned down blue colour which is perfect if you want to get the blue nail trend but it in more of a toned down subtle way. It has a slightly deeper blue colour than the other brighter blues.
(image source - boots.com)
 
 
3. Essie Nail polish in Butler Please - £7.99 (available here)
This is my favourite out of all of the 4 colours I have chosen. It is the electric blue for me, bright, bold, and blue! This just hits the trend perfectly in my opinion.

(image source - www.essie.com)
 
 
4. YSL La Laque Couture in Bleu Majorelle - £18.00 (available here)
I swatched this nail polish earlier on in a shop today and this was what makde me want to do this post. This is very much on the expensive side of my recommendations and even though this is an absoloutely beautiful colour, I could not pay that amount of money for this polish. But if you would, this isa darker version of essie's butler please and is not quite an electric blue but certainetly a bright blue. The formula is lovely. It made my nails feel so smooth which tells me that it will last well as it seems to stick to the nail well.

image.jpeg
(image source (left) - www.beautezine.com (right) my own picture)

Have you tried the blue nail craze?

Beauty and the Budget
X

ps. I do not own these polishes but have selected 4 blues for all budgets so you can see what blue polishes are out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment