Thursday, 10 January 2013

Review - Maybelline Airfoam Foundation in Cameo

Review - Maybelline Airfoam Foundation in Cameo - £3.99 (here)
It may appear that I am a year too late on the band wagon doing a review of this foundation but it has recently been discontinued in Boots so you can now find it reduced to just £3.99 here for less. I bought this from Boots a while ago for the full price.
 

 
When you press down on the pump, you release a foam foundation which settles down into a thin runny liquid. At first, it's hard to not get into a foamy mess when getting the foundation out but after a while you get used to it. You do really need to shake the can before applying. If you don't you get this white liquid with no foundation mixed in and you don't get the right colour. The packaging is simple with a little can and the pump and cap means that it won't squirt all over your makeup bag.

image.jpeg
 
I apply this with my hands and dot it on and then blend it out. It only stays in foam form for a very short while before becoming a runny liquid. This gives a thin to medium coverage and can be built up to give more coverage.

image.jpeg
 
The staying power is quite good seeing as it is rather thin. When I apply it in the morning, it is usually gone in the evening and you can see my blemishes again. If you have oily skin, this would be good for yuo as it does keep oil at bay. The foundation gives a matte coverage.
 
I do like this foundation for a light coverage when i don't want to wear a lot of makeup. It is a little bit like a tinted moisturiser and gives the same sort of coverage.The foundation is lightweight so it doesn't look cakey and you can't feel it on your skin. If you have oily skin, I think this will be good for you but those with dry skin, I would stay away as it could  cling to dry patches.  
 
They have 12 shades from porcelain ivory (110) to cocoa (370) which is quite a good range and is better than some foundation colour ranges.
 
Overall, I like this foundation for a lighter coverage during the day but would probarbly want a bit more coverage forn the night time. It's a nice, lighweight foundation but the foam is slightly on the gimmicky side.
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

2 comments:

  1. I saw it in shops but never bough it has I need a bit more coverage :)Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh it's not quite enough to cove everything for me either that's ok!

      Delete