Thursday, 3 January 2013

Review - Rimmel Profesional Eyebrow Pencil

Review - Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil
Hello! Today's post is a review of a classic drugstore beauty product, the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel. I think most make up lovers will of had this brow pencil in their kit at some point.
 
image.jpeg
 
My brows are naturally dark and are not very sparse so this is my first little venture into brow products so I thought I'd start with this. I lightly ran this pencil through my brows concentrating on lighter areas like the ends.
 
image.jpeg
 
This product is pretty self explanatory. It's a kohl pencil with a brush on the lid to comb your brows out after applying the pencil to blend them out for a more natural look. The pencil comes in just 3 colours (black, dark brown and hazel) Hazel wasn't the perfect colour for me, slightly too dark and it's the lightest they offer (I have medium brown hair so what do blondes do?!)
 
image.jpeg
 
When I swatched this on my hand I really had press down to get any colour pay off at all and I found it a bit scratchy on my hand as well. The pencil was not soft or waxy and I found that the colour was very orangey for a brow colour.
 
This is one of thoose products where when you apply it, first, you think that your eyebrows look no different so you apply more, and then you get 2 great Orange catepillars sitting on your forehead! I found that they looked very drawn on and false so I tried again with a light hand using very small, gentle strokes and seeing that this was the wrong colour for me, I was quite pleased with the results. My brows looked a little more full and framed my face quite well.
 
The brush on the lid, I find is also scratchy and can become quite sore after continued usage but I can see that it did make the pencil look a little more natural.
 
I have ventured into brow products and want to try a brow powder as it promises a more natural finish which after all is what I'm after so I have ordered the MUA brow kit and the MUA brow pencil which I hear are good products.
 
Overall, I think that if you use a very light hand with this, you can get quite a nice effect but I think for the same price or less you can get a more pigmented waxy pencil or powder.
 
What do you use for your brows?
 
The pencil is available here for £2.99
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

No comments:

Post a Comment