Friday, 4 January 2013

Tag - My £10 Makeup Look

Tag - My £10 Makeup Look
 
image.jpeg
 
Seeing as I am a UK smaller budget blog, I thought this tag would be perfect for my blog. In this post, I will show you all of the products that I have used and a quick review and swatches of them. Tomorrow, The tutorial for this look is here so you can see how I applied the products and get a better feel for the quality of them. I have to admit that it was pretty tough to get a full face of make up but I did it although I am not a great fan of some of the products and some have been featured in my Top 10 budget drugstore products (here) but I will leave alternatives which may be a little dearer but definitely worth it. The total of this look was
 
W7 Concealer in Shade 2 - £1.25 here
I was going to use my Natural Collection Colour Foundation but it was just too orange no matter how much I blended it out and it make my skin look all shiny as well. So I settled for this concealer which was ok.. I guess. It did cover blemishes quite nicely but it is the wrong colour for me and is also slightly drying. I wish I had the Collection 2000 Lasting Finish Concealer as I hear a lot of good things about it and it is only a pound more so worth it.
 
MUA Undressed Palette - £4.00 here
 
image.jpeg
 
This was the highlight of all the products definitely. The palette has a mixture of matte and shimmery neutrals which are very pigmented and pretty colours. This palette is always compared to the Urban Decay Naked Palette and from posts I have read is pretty similar and a lot cheaper! This came with a little sponge applicator which I used to apply the product to save money.
 
MUA Liquid Eyeliner - £1.00 here
 
image.jpeg
 
This is another not very good product. This eyeliner is flaky and leaves skin exposed between the lash line and the eyeliner which looks odd. If you rub your eye gently it will flake off but when you first apply it does give quite a nice shiny black colour but it doesn't last. In the look, I went over the liner a couple of times to keep it on my eye and below it! I would of used the Collection 2000 felt tip liner which is very good but it was more expensive and this is a budget look! (review to come)
 
image.jpeg
 
Natural Collection Waterguard Mascara - £1.99 here
 
image.jpeg
 
Not a fan of this mascara either I'm afraid although mine isn't starting to dry up a bit. I will not be repurchasing this. It does minimal to my lashes and only just makes them a tad darker. Disappointing product but still cheap! If I had it. I would of used the NYC show time mascara which Khila from missbudgetbeauty.co.uk recommends.
 
image.jpeg
 
Miss Sporty XX Volume lip gloss - £0.49 here
 
 
image.jpeg
 
This was quite a nice little lip gloss. It's a orange with shimmer running through and is quite nicely pigmented. The gloss linked above is in a different shade as I couldn't find mine. This is a plumping gloss which makes my lips feel minty and just a bit uncomfortable when I apply it. The lasting power isn't great though and you would have to reapply this every few hours or less.
 
image.jpegimage.jpeg
 
 
The grand total for this look came to just £8.73 but I think if I did this again, I would use the products that I said and maybe spend that little more and as if I'm honest, I didn't really think some of these products were up too much.
 
I tag you all to do this post!
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment