Sunday, 10 February 2013

Nail Tutorial - Cath Kidston Nails

Nail Tutorial - Cath Kidston Nails

I am a Cath Kidston mega fan! I have bags, makeup cases, iphone cases, and bracelets and now I have the nails too! When I set out to do these nails, I thought I was going to mess them up and would have to keep on scrubbing at my nails with the old varnish remover but no! These were so easy to do. I hope you enjoy doing these nails and if you do them, send me a picture to @bandthbsblogx
For this tutorial I used
Barry M Gelly Hi - Shine in Blueberry
Miss Sporty Et Voila Nail Tip Whitener
Essie in Navigate Her
Collection 2000 in Green with Envy
A cocktail stick
A metal lid/surface for mixing polish
Sure Promise Nail Art Pen in Pink
And this is how I did it:
Step 1: First apply 2 coats of Barry M's blueberry to all the nails except the two ring fingers and leave it to dry.



Step 2: To your ring fingers, you want to apply 2 coats of Essie's navigate her and leave it to dry


Step 3: Then, you want to pop a dot of Miss Sporty's White onto your lid and dip a cocktail stick into it and make small dots evenly over all your blue nails.




Step 4: I didn't have the right pink for the flowers on my ring fingers so I took my lid and got a dot of my sure promise pink and miss sporty white paints and mixed them with a cocktail stick to make this lovely pink colour. I then made medium sized splodges at evenly distributed places all over my nails and waited for them to dry. Whilst they were drying, I painted my other nails with a Barry M topcoat as the white dots made the nail polish a bit raised so it's important to protect them with a top coat from chipping.



Step 5: Then, I took some white polish on a cocktail stick and added a little to the centre of each flower to add dimension.



Step 6: I then took my darker sure promise pink colour and using the fine nail art nib, around each lighter pink flower, I did a ( and ) shape to make the colours more realistic with light and dark in the flowers.



Step 7: I then took some of Collection 2000's Green with envy on a cocktail stick and popped 2 small dots around the flowers on my ring fingers.


Step 8: Then you want to paint over the ring fingers with a top coat et voila! Lovely Cath Kidston Inspired Nails, enjoy!


Beauty and the Budget
X

4 comments:

  1. these look so cool! Maybe we could follow eachother?

    http://www.tanyadoodle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be qualified to get a Apple iPhone 7.

    ReplyDelete