Thursday, 14 February 2013

Review - MUA Matte Perfection Foundation

Review - MUA Matte Perfection Foundation
I have been testing out this budget foundation for about 2 months now and am now ready to report back! This foundation promises to give a 'velvet smooth, long lasting finish' so let's see if it lives up to this!

 
 
The packaging of this is really nice and not cheap looking at all. I like the black squeezy tubes it looks neat and you can get the product out easily. There are 3 shades of this foundation and I have the 2nd shade, honeycomb. To my suprise, this foundation actually blends in with my skin tone really nicely as I guessed my shade when ordering this online. But the shade range at just three is not extensive in the slightest so you may struggle with selecting your perfect shade!


 
It's a thick pigmented formula so when blending in, you need to work quite hard to get an even finish but it isn't patchy or drying at all which is really good.

 
I apply this foundation with my hands under my clean and clear moisturiser as I found that the MUA Primer made this really hard to blend and then I powder my face with the Rimmel Stay matte Powder with a large fluffy brush.

 
When this is all blended in, it makes my skin appear really shiny which is odd for a 'matte' foundation so I find I have to powder over this even though my skin is dry and with other foundations, I don't have to powder.

 
 
The foundation has a might to medium coverage and is really buildable without becoming cakey which I really like. It doesn't sink into pores like some cheaper foundations tend to do. This did not break me out at all and did not enlarge my pores or anything.
 
The last time isn't phenomenal and it probably won't last all day. I have dry skin so I didn't need to powder at all but I guess if you had oily skin, you might need a little powder top up in the afternoon.
 
Overall, I really like this foundation. It may not work well for an oily skinned person because it can make you look a little more oily when you apply it. But, the coverage is nice and it makes my skin look a lot better. It's not phenomenal but I like it for just £2!
 
You can purchase this here for £2

Beauty and the Budget
X

 

No comments:

Post a Comment