Friday, 1 March 2013

Review - Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in Ivory (115)

Review - Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in Ivory (115)
I bought this foundation a while ago when my Dream Nude Airfoam was used up. I've been using this for about a month now so I'm ready to do my review!
First of all, the packaging which I think is lovely. They've gone with a very minimal bottle with a glass bottle and simple black cap which I love because it just looks so much more expensive than it was! And the pump makes it really easy to get the right amount of product out. The shade range was really good and I liked the little chart that helps you to pick your colour in the powder and concealer as well. It asks you whether you have yellow or pink undertones which really helps to get a good match to your skin. I chose 115 ivory and I think it matches me pretty well with it because I'm really pale at the momentos!
To use it, I pump one squirt onto the back of my hand and use my finger to dot in on my face and then blend in with my fingers. Then I take my MUA F1 Foundation Brush and another pump of the foundation and concentrate the foundation onto my problem areas to get more coverage when I need it and then I just set it out with my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I have dry (at the moment) skin and this didn't stick to the dry patches at all! I think it would work well with oily skin as well.
The formula is quite thin and light as it doesn't contain any oils or wax and you can't feel it on your face when your wearing it either which is lovely. As it is quite light, you need to blend it out quickly to get an even coverage. The finish of this is very natural. Matte with a slight natural glow. And the coverage is light to medium and can be built up without it looking cakey!
The lasting power of this is fantastic! This isn't really marketed as a long lasting foundation so I was suprised that Maybelline didn't make more of a thing about the wear time. If I apply this in the morning, it's still there in the evening which is really rare to find in a drugstore foundation.
Overall, I LOVE this foundation and it justs shows that you don't have to spend loads to get a foundation that lasts all day and has a lovely finish. I would highly recommend this! If i'm honest, I can't really find many faults with this. Maybelline, youv'e done the drugstore proud!
Beauty and the Budget
X

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a reputable contextual ad company, I recommend that you check out Propeller Ads.

    ReplyDelete