Friday, 5 April 2013

15 Minute Shortbread - A tea time snack!

15 Minute Shortbread - A tea time snack!









 



















So today I have a very different post to share with you today, a recipe! I was making some shortbread which are my favourite to make because they take 3 ingredients, flour, butter and sugar, you can whip them up in 15 minutes and you can make 12 biscuits so good if you have family coming round or for a tea time snack. The recipe that me and my mum use says plain flour which I have always used but we were out and I really wanted to make them so I used self raising instead and they seemed to work out really well! I'm no great chef but these are just a quick and simple thing to make for those of us who are not Nigella Lawson!
 
You will need just three things:
150g of Plain/Self Raising Flour
50g of Caster Sugar
100g of Butter/Margarine
 
1. Turn your oven up to 150 degrees and grease your baking tray with some butter and kitchen roll folded up and weight out all your ingredients.
 
2. In a big bowl, lightly sieve the flour in and then add your sugar.
 
3. Then put in your butter and start to run the mixture through your finger tips trying to bring the mixture up out of the bowl as much as possible. First, the mixture will go like bread crumbs and then it will start to form a ball of dough.
 
 
4. On a chopping board or any clean surface, sprinkle some flour on the surface and the rolling pin. Then roll your dough out to about 1-2cm thick and then using some cutters, cut the dough out. When you have not much dough left, you can use a smaller cutter or make pin wheels by rolling up the dough into a ball and make a cross using a knife.
 
5. Pop your biscuits on the baking tray and put them in the oven for 15 mins or until they start to go golden brown around the edges.
 
 
6. Take your biscuits out of the oven and pop them on a cooling tray for 5 minutes, get a cup of tea and enjoy!




 
 
I really enjoyed doing this post and if you enjoyed reading let me know and I can show you all how I did it! Sorry if you're hear for the beauty side of things, normal service will resume tomorrow :)
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment