Monday, 22 April 2013

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Visibly Clear daily Scrub - Review

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Visibly Clear Daily Scrub - Review
 

I bought this scrub in Boots about a year ago when I had finished my Clean and Clear wipes and was after a new an everyday cheap facial wash. The lovely sweet smell of this intised me in! I have just about finished it so here is my review!
 
 
I really like the smell of this product, it's very sweet and girly but some may find it a little strong though. I also like the packaging, it's simple and sturdy, good for everyday use.
 
 
The formula is a pink gel with grainy particles to exfoliate your face. I used this morning and night to clean my face by splashing my face with water, rubbing in the gel and then rinsing off. Now I have quite sensitive skin with dry patches but I have heard other people say this as well, but this stung really badly! After using it, my skin felt tight, dry and really soar and it made my skin go all red (but not break out) so I was really disappointed by this. Nevertheless, I persevered and thought that if I only use a little bit then it shouldn't sting as much and it did help with the stinging but didn't make it go away completely. This really put me off the wash and the results didn't make me want to keep on putting my skin through this.
 
The wash claims to eliminate spots and black heads and leave you feeling fresh and clean. For me, this did not happen. My skin felt tight and dry after using it and I didn't feel that it was taking all the dirt off my face. And in terms of eliminating spots and black heads, no luck here either. I noticed no difference in my skin so this product did not work for me at all with my dry, sensitive skin but it may work for those of you with oilier skin than me although there are other face washes out there that can do a lot better for less so I would not recommend this!
 
This didn't work for me at all and I'm glad it's empty! I have seen the Neutrogena face wash and mask and I think that could be quite promising!
 
Have you tried this, what did you think?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 

4 comments:

  1. This doesn't sound good at all! I am so put off now after using another Neutrogena product that was really so disappointing. A lot of empty promises with these products it seems.
    Great review, sorry this didn't work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I don't think I will be trying anything from them anytime soon!

      Delete
  2. It's a shame you didn't get on with this, i love it. Strangely enough I actually really don't like the smell of it yet you loved it. I also have dry sensitive skin, it's just so odd how people's skin can still react differently even when they have the same skin type. But as for the wash/mask I heard amazing things about it about a year ago and I haven't looked back since, it's great! I did a review on my blog a while ago actually if you're interested? ..
    http://mintcandylilies.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/neutrogena-visibly-clear-2-in-1-review.html

    Lilie x
    mintcandylilies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell can be a little intense if you don't like it! I know it's very odd, I have seen so many reviews about the S&G peaches and clean being really stingy and it didn't affect me at all. I will have a look at your review as the wash/mask does sound like a good concept! thanks x

      Delete