Monday, 22 April 2013

Sinful Colours in Winterberry - Nails of the Day

Sinful Colours in Winterberry - Nails of the Day
 

Hello to my 71 followers (wow! never thought I'd be saying that!) Today I have the first of three Sinful Colours polishes to review for you and then once I have done that, I will do a general overall impressions post on the brand!
 
 
Winterberry is such a beautiful colour and I am in love with it! When I was choosing the colours that I wanted from the stand which was very empty, I didn't really put too much thought to my choices so this was an accidental pick but it was a good accident! It is a grey/brown colour which with a bit of sparkle but in some lights it looks slightly matte? I think this is such a nice colour to go for if you want to rock nude nails but with a bit of shimmer.
 
You need 2 coats of this to get a full coverage and the brush is slightly larger than Barry M but still quite small although I managed to get quite a good finish. The drying time is quite quick as well. The packaging is fine for these, simple, cheap, no problem. But the problem with this polish is chipping! I had this on for 20 minutes and I noticed that my thumb had chipped and it wasn't because my nails were wet! 2 days later and this had badly chipped and was really scratched, such a shame!
 
 
I love this colour and when winter comes around again, this will be on my nails  a lot! It's such a nice colour but it's such a shame about the lasting time which is really not too good! If you put a really good base and top coat on under this however, you might be able to prolong the wear time. I still have 2 more Sinful colours to try so hopefully the wear time won't be so 'sinful' with those!
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

2 comments: