Sunday, 7 April 2013

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer - Review

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer - Review
 
 


I can't believe I forgot to review this for you guys, I have had it for ages (sorry about the grimy condition) and have almost hit pan but oh well, it's still available so I thought I would tell you what I thought!
 
 
The mini kit comes in light and medium I believe so not a great shade range and in the kit you get: a powder, an under eye lighter concealer and a blemish darker concealer, a mirror and a little powder puff, very handy and good for travel. The packaging looks nice but mine has broken! The hinge has snapped and I can't take this out with me anymore so if you have this, watch out for the packaging!
 
The powder is translucent and is really nice. it's finely milled, soft and well pigmented. I don't have a massive shine issue but in the summer, sometimes my forehead can get a little oily and this  powder works really well! I like using the puff with this as it works just as well as a brush and then you don't have to take a brush away with you so again, very portable!
 
 
The concealers are also really nice, very creamy and thick! They are very well pigmented and cover up imperfections well. The lighter under eye shade however is slightly too heavy for under then eye but personally, I need all the coverage I can get. The concealers don't crease and last well but can be touched up with the mirror. This is actually meant to be a dupe for the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer so if you were going to splurge on that, try this first!
 
 
I thought the price for this was fairly reasonable maybe a little too much but it does feel very luxurious which I suppose you pay for!
 
 
As for portability and on the go -ness(?) I think this is very suitable because of the small size and if particularly in a rush, you could use this as a cream foundation although it may be a bit heavy.
 
Overall, I'd definitely recommend this little kit but definitely be careful with the packaging as I was really disappointed with mine! This was my first dabble into S&G make up but I want to get the mascara and the liner as I was really impressed by this.
 
You can purchase this here for £10
 
Have you tried S&G make up?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really nice product! I think i'm going to buy one, thanks for the review. I will be extra careful not to break the packaging haha.
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging too, the compact is a great selling point! I need high coverage under my eyes, I wish those dark circles would go away! Lovely post, I found it really helpful!

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, same I need a good cover age there as well! x

      Delete