Tuesday, 21 May 2013

MUA Lipstick in Shade 13 - Review

MUA Lipstick in Shade 13 - Review
 


I bought this MUA lipstick a while ago and have been meaning to review it. Shade 13 is a beautiful bright red colour. The pigmentation is very strong and it gives a very vibrant colour which glides on easily.  As with all the MUA lipsticks, the packaging is simple but quite nice in the twist up tube. All the lipsticks also have a jar on the end which contain some of the lipstick. (If you know what you are meant to use this for, please let me know, I have no idea!) The wear time is about 2 hours and the colour starts to wear away so you will need to keep this in your bag for top ups. One thing that is not so good about this lipstick is that it transfers really badly so if your eating and drinking, I wouldn't recommend wearing this lipstick
 
 
 
Overall, I do really like the colour of this lipstick and the pigmentation. It is moisturing on the lips and doesn't cling to dry patches which is good but it's such a shame about the short wear time and transferring! Nevertheless, I think  I will wear this colour for the prom unless I find a better red so if you have any recommendations link em' up!
 
Pro's:
Simple but good packaging
Very Pigmented
Lovely bright red colour
Moisturising
Does not cling to dry patches
 
Con's:
Short wear time
Transfers Badly
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 
ps. I think I will now do a pro's and con's summary at the end of every review, what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I have this one and completely agree with you. I found that it was nice with a gloss over the top which made it last a bit longer and stopped some of the transferring.

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect colour it's such a shame it transfers :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh! I was wondering if it might help if you put a lip sealant like lip cote underneath on to help it? x

      Delete