Sunday, 5 May 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection - Review

Real Techniques Core Collection - Review
 





I have wanted this set of brushes for so long and watching pixiwoo and Tanya made me want them even more so when I heard that they were reduced to £15 on eBay, I just had to get them!
 
 
In the set, you get the buffing brush, contour brush, concealer brush and flat foundation brush with synthetic hairs all housed in a really handy case which doubles up as a stand (looks really nice on a vanity) and a case for travel. I love how compact the packaging is and it feels good quality. All the brushes are gold with a black end to weight them down and the brushes are black with a sort of grey ombre tip which again, I love. They are all marked with the names which is also a handy feature.
 
 
I really like all the brushes you get and they are good rigid quality and don't look as if they will shed. I wish that this set came with instead of the concealer  and foundation brush an eye brush but I suppose that's done so you will get the eye collection as well. But the kit gives you anything you will need for a flawless base.
 
The Buffing Brush:
 
This was the main brush that I was after when I bought these and is definitely my favourite. It's designed to be used with cream to powder foundations but like most people, I use it with liquid foundations and I am so in love with it! The bristles are quite firm but not scratchy and are flat and densely packed so the foundation stays on the surface of the brush. You can either do circular motions or stipple your foundation on either way you get a higher coverage and flawless skin with no streaks. You can also dab some cream blush or bronzer on your cheeks and  buff it out to a natural finish with this. I am now using my elf Cream contour kit all the time.  This is so the star of the kit!
 
The Contour Brush:
 
Before, I'll admit when I tried to use bronzer, it looked muddy and orange but now with this tapered RT brush, I can apply bronzer just like the pixiwoo sisters (well maybe not as good as them :) I use this to apply bronzer and contour and apply blusher. The tapered shape makes this the perfect fit for sucking in your cheeks and applying bronzer. It works really nicely with my 17 Matte Bronzer. I also love this almost as much as the buffing brush.
 
The Flat Foundation Brush:
I have previously been using my MUA F1 foundation brush which is quite similar but a little bigger. Flat foundation brushes are not my favourite way to apply liquid foundation and I find they often streak so this isn't my favourite brush for foundation. Also, it's quite small so it takes a while to do your entire face. Still, it's a really good stiff foundation brush and I use it to blend out my under eye concealer although not my favourite out of the set.
 
The concealer brush:
 
This is the brush that I don't really use that much. It's a really good quality brush and all but for concealing spots, I like to use my fingers as they warm up and blend in the concealer nicely. That being said, the brush does give a better coverage than my finger so if I was going out to a formal occasion, then I would use this for a higher blemish coverage.
 
Overall, I am so glad I got these brushes and I already have my little eye on the eye collection as I'm in a need for some new brushes as my W7 ones aren't too good for eyes.
 
Have you tried this set, what did you think?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

2 comments: