Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub - Review

 
After being very underwhelmed by the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Face Scrub, I decided to try another  to see if I could a scrub that I get on with for my quite sensitive skin. I picked up this Biore Scrub because I have heard of their blackhead strips and I thought this might help me with my rather large black heads and the packaging says it contains salicylic acid which is known to help fight break outs.
 
 
The packaging of this is nice and I like that it's a squeezy tube as it makes using it easier when you have wet hands and you can squeeze out every last drop. The formula of this is quite thick and contains little blue beads which exfoliate the skin nicely without being too harsh. When you splash your face with water after scrubbing, the formula  becomes creamy and moisturising which is lovely after the scrubbing little blue beads. The beads I think are meant to burst but in reality, this doesn't happen, on any scrub with beads and they just are wiped off when you dry your face with a towel.  I use this sometimes morning and evening or just in the evening as I don't think you need to exfoliate that often. The smell of this is not very potent at all. It just smells very clean and fresh.
 
 
 
Biore claims that this scrub will clear and exfoliate the skin and target your pores. Over the weeks that I have been using this, my skin has had fewer break outs which is really good but I'm not sure that my blackheads have decreased. After using this, my skin feels super soft and clean which I love and it does not make my skin feel tight either. I have sensitive skin and I didn't find this to hurt or tingle at all which was really good so if you have sensitise skin, you should be fine with this. This also did not make my skin dry like the Neutrogena scrub did and I have not had any dry patches since using this either.
Overall, I think this is a great product and a brilliant scrub. My skin feels so much softer and more clean after using this and I think it has helped me with break outs. I would definitely recommend this if you are in need of a scrub and it's very reasonably priced as well!
 
Pro's:
Practical Packaging
Smells nice
Makes my skin feel clean
Helps with break outs
Exfoliating without being harsh
Not expensive
Didn't irritate my skin at all
 
Con's:
Blue beads are very slightly messy
Did not help reduce blackheads
 
You can purchase this here for £4.99
 
Beauty and the Budget
X



8 comments:

  1. I have sensitive skin too. I quite like the Neutrogena scrub. When I look after my skin I don't tend to have too many breakouts, it's my nose blackheads i'm concerned about. I'm glad I've read your review because I would have wasted £4.99 on a product that won't really tackle my most problem area. Great review, very informative :) x

    Lilie
    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem with my nose as well! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this review! was tempted to get it as the Biore strips are really good!:) xxx

    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem I'm yet to try them really want to though! x

      Delete
  3. I have the same problem with blackheads on my nose. They're tiny but I can't help but notice them and they're such a pain.
    Spider Leg Lashes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a helpful post, so glad you posted it!

    If you have the chance, please follow me: www.everyones-perfect.blogspot.co.uk - I love your blog!

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete