Saturday, 8 June 2013

elf 32 Eyeshadow Pallete in Natural - Review




Ages ago, I did an elf haul and so far I have not reviewed any of the products I got and some of the products I really like so I need to get the reviews going! Today I have the 32 eyeshadow palette which contains all neutral colours.
 
 
The packaging of the palette is simple in black. It comes with one of those sponge applicators that I always immediately throw in the bin. The palette has a mirror but it's a little small so I don't think I would use it. I always find that the hinges of the packaging of cheaper brands always breaks. This does feel slightly more substantial than say my MUA palette here.
 
1st Row
2nd Row
3rd Row
 
4th Row
The palette contains about 8 matte shades and the rest are shimmery. The shades are very similar to the Urban Decay Naked Palette which I think is more than a coincidence! The formula of the shades is very varied. Some of the shades have really nice pigmentation especially the shimmery shades but some of the matte and a few shimmers have ok pigmentation, not great like the black shade. The shades apply nicely and you can create some really pretty looks with them.
 
The lasting time of the shadows I was expecting to be quite bad considering the low price but to my surprise, the shadows lasted really well!  I wore a cream shade all over my lid and defined my crease with a light matte brown expecting to have bare lids by the time I returned but my shadow had stayed on and was almost as it was at the beginning of the night so that really impressed me.
 
This palette is very similar to the MUA Undressed and Undress me too palettes which I love. All the palettes contain nude colours so for an everyday palette they are perfect. I think the MUA option has better pigmentation than this palette but the lasting time is better for the elf option than the MUA palette.
 
 
Overall, this is a nice palette especially if you are trying to expand your eyeshadow collection quickly so you can do more looks. For the price, the pigmentation is good and the lasting power is very good so I would recommend this for beginners first dabbling into make up and not wanting to spend a fortune.

Pro's:
Not expensive
Some nice shades
Can create nice looks
Lovely shimmer shades
Very long lasting (same level as Benefit eyeshadow!)

Con's
A few badly pigmented shades
Packaging a bit hard to get into
Only available on the internet
 
You can purchase this here for the inexpensive price of £5
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

4 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good! I agree, the blacks aren't wonderful though. But the majority of these shadows look beautiful!

    www.annettibus.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not a great black but yeah there are some lovely colours in the palette!

      Delete
  2. This palette look gorgeous! and for £5, what a bargain! :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete