Saturday, 15 June 2013

My First MAC Experience!

 
 
So a couple of weeks ago, I went up to London with my friend to the Tanya Burr meet up in Covent Garden. Unfortunately, Tanya had to leave because it was getting so busy/dangerous so we didn't get to meet her but whilst in Covent Garden, we went to MAC to purchase our first MAC products. So I thought today that I would do a little review of the whole MAC experience and then review my two purchases later, enjoy!
 
We went to the MAC shop in Covent Garden which was quite busy but the staff were really friendly and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be asking for help, they were lovely and gave me a really good recommendation for a lipstick shade! The shop was like heaven with all the colours laid out, pure heaven! So we went to swatch some lipsticks and try out all the shades. The lipsticks were laid out so well and you got to take a cotton bud and use the MAC wipes (which was exciting!) to try on the lipsticks in a sanitary way, another dream come true!

So the lipstick I chose was A Girl about town which is a bright fuchsia pink! On reflection, I wish I had got a slightly more toned down colour! Then I also asked at the till to get the all that glitters eye shadow so i got that as well. The total came to £26 which is a lot of money for a lipstick and eye shadow but the quality really is great!
 
 
I have seen quite a few lipsticks from MAC that I really want and I also really want to try a foundation from them as well!
 
Overall, I loved my MAC experience and I defiantly will be purchasing their products again, in fact I already have 2 lipsticks in mind!
 
If you have any recommendations from MAC, please share them below!
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

4 comments:

  1. It's a shame you didn't get to meet Tanya :( But at least you managed to have a good time in MAC. I don't live anywhere near a MAC store unfortunately and I've never owned a MAC product (I must be the only one). They're beautiful, but they're just SO expensive and there are just as good alternatives out there. The lipstick shade you bought is so beautiful, I've seen it before around the blogging world. I can't wait to read your reviews later on. x

    Lilie
    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeh there are lods of dupes at the drugstore for MAC lipsticks! I'll try and get that review up as soon as I can lovely! x

      Delete
  2. I love mac products - this is a great review.
    Also I've nominated you for the Liebster award. Go to my blog for more information
    xx Natalie

    http://nextchapternatalie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the nomination! I will do the post now! x

      Delete