Monday, 24 June 2013

Tresemme Platinum Strength Deep Conditioner - Review

 


 
 
The Tresemme Platinum Strength collection seems to be the it hair care line at the moment with Fleur de Force and all the other big bloggers and YouTuber's discussing Tresemme's new range. I actually had this deep conditioner in my bathroom so when I saw this product getting lots of reviews, I thought I would share my thoughts on it.
 
 
The product is housed in a squeezy tube which makes it really practical and you can get all the last dribs and drabs out so full marks there. And the smell of this is lovely, just like a salon. Unfortunately it doesn't stay for long though.
 
I was really surprised about the formula of this. As this is a deep conditioner, I was thinking the formula would be much thicker than an average conditioner but no, it's actually a quite thin runny formula which was a bit disappointing as I had hopes of a really thick nourishing balm like feel.  I think this is so like a normal conditioner that it could be used every day so it's not really a pamper session product.
 
 
 
I have been using this conditioner once a week on the ends of my hair and then combing them through, leaving the product in for 10 minutes and wash it out. Again, I was expecting that when I applied this, my hair would feel softer than it does with a regular conditioner but no it was exactly the same.
 
 
This product has some big claims, repair 5 years of damage in 5 weeks? I don't think so. But I don't think this was completely useless. After using, my hair did feel softer but I don't think that I noticed too much different in my ends.
 
Overall, I didn't really like this product very much and I think I could get the same results from leaving on a regular conditioner for 10 minutes so I don't think I would repurchase this.
 
I have a post on a deep conditioner that I am in love with and it's cheaper than this so watch out for that! Can you guess which deep conditioner I'm talking about?
 
Pro's:
Nice Packaging
Smells Lovely
Hair feels smoother
Reasonable price
 
Con's:
Doesn't really repair split ends
Thin formula
No different to a regular conditioner
 
You can purchase this here for £5.69
 
Beauty and the Budget
X


6 comments:

  1. it's a shame this treatment wasn't as good as it seemed. I love tresemme hairspray but won't be trying this anytime soon. I would recommend herbal essences for hair treatments or moroccanoil its amazing :)

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post. I love a great review on drugstore items, and this is a good one to know. I'm a new reader. Can't wait to read more!

    I also just wanted to let you know that I am starting a new Sunday format on my Blog to help beauty bloggers and youtubers connect and find others, and gain followers. I'd love if you checked it out!

    http://bit.ly/16Am860

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you'll find lots of budget products round here! I will do!

      Delete
  3. I have not tried this range yet, my hair is quite fine so a lighter conditioner might be better for me!

    http://www.whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete