Thursday, 25 July 2013

Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Spot Wand - Review


I think I have had this little spot wand from the Boots tea tree and witch hazel for about a year now but it is still available (at a higher price) I have been using it on and off as a spot treatment for those pesky white heads that pop their head up at the wrong times!
 
I really like the packaging for this, it's very much no frills just practical. The wand has two ends with a spot fighting formula for the day which is clear and a creamier formula. The brushes are little doe foot applicators which are small so you can get the formula on the spot. I find that both the day and night formula's work evenly well at spot fighting. The formula has a scent to it, a sort of tea tree scent which isn't too strong so if you don't like it, it will be fine.
 
 
I have been experimenting to find the best way to apply this and I have found that if you keep on applying this over the spot that would get bigger if you left it, after a good few hours say 7 hours, the spot shrinks and does not get bigger at all and is gone within a day or two! Or another way of using this is to apply the night formula before you go to sleep and leave it on overnight. When I use the product like this, it does really work but when I only use it once a day, it doesn't work.
 

When you first apply it to the blemish, you can feel a tingle on the skin nothing painful but I think that sort of shows that it is working. If I apply too much, this can sting my sensitive skin but if you only apply it to the blemish, it shouldn't. I think this would work on a whitehead one off blemish (sounds lovely..) but I don't think this would work for full on acne.
 
Overall, I am in love with this product! It's the only thing that I have tried that can actually make an impact on blemishes and so I think this has holy grail status and I will definitely be repurchasing! I am so impressed with this that I will definitely be repurchasing from the tea tree and witch hazel brand at Boots and by the way it's 3 for 2 on the brand at the moment so now's a good time to take a look!

Pro's:
Cheap
Nice packaging
Portable
Reduces blemish size
Stops blemishes getting bigger
Nice scent

Con's:
To get results, you have to use all day
 
What do you use for blemishes?

You can purchase this here for £3.59
 
Beauty and the Budget
X


4 comments:

  1. I use a tea-tree spot treatment I got in Superdrug, its ok and does the job (sometimes) but I find I have to apply it a lot x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so picking this up, I'm struggling with my skin so much at the minute!! xx

    Gem | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete