Thursday, 11 July 2013

Summer Makeup Essentials!

 
 

I have had my fair share of Summer makeup disasters in my time. Eyeliner sliding down my face, touching my face and then getting fingers filled with foundation, if that sounds too familiar, today I will be sharing my summer make up tips to prevent disasters like that happening again!
 
 
Ok so let's start with base! I would not recommend wearing foundation in the Summer because nearly all foundations will transfer really badly in the heat and n ot stay for long at all. If you still want to wear foundation, primer is essential even if you don't have oily skin. The two primers I use are at two different ranges of the price spectrum. Benefit's Porefessional being at the top which I quite like and MUA's Primer at the bottom which I don't like at all. I'm sorry not to be able to share with you primers that I would recommend but I have not found any drugstore primers that really work for me yet, suggestions?

 
Ok, so next we have our base. BB creams are really good for summer and especially if they contain an SPF. If not, take some sun cream and you can mix it with your foundation to protect the skin. I have been using La Roche Posay as my SPF for my face.  I am trailing MUA's BB Cream at the moment and will let you know how I get on with that. but other BB creams I have heard good things about include the Garnier BB Cream and the Dr Jart BB Cream as well. I like to either apply my BB Cream with a sponge as it's lighter than brushes to carry especially for holidays. For days when I don't want to wear any foundation, I go for this elf Under Eye Concealer as it just brightens up my under eyes.
 

Like foundation, I would stay away from eye shadow as well. If you do want something on the lid though, try a cream shadow like the Maybelline colour tattoo's which I love. You can use them as a base to put under colours or on there own to make it look as if you have put more effort in to your eyes than you really have. Seeing as the rest of your summer look is pretty minimalistic, it's really nice to add a little something to brighten up your look like blue liner on the water line. I have been using Barry M's blue liner which is very affordable. With a coloured liner and a few coats of a waterproof mascara just on the upper lashes to prevent smudging, your good to go. For those of you with keen eyes, you may have noticed the mascaras in the picture is not waterproof but we can ignore that..
 
 

Another idea for adding a little something something to your look is a really bright colour on the lips to make you look as if you put more effort into your make up. I have been really liking this very bright pink which is shade 2 from MUA for a pop of colour.
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and you got some ideas from your summer makeup. Do bear in mind I'm not a make up artist and I'm just giving you ideas from experience. I like to keep things as natural as possible and avoid blushers and bronzers and liners, just too much fuss for the summer.  Simple is the key.

What are your Summer make up essentials?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

No comments:

Post a Comment