Thursday, 11 July 2013

Summer Nails!

 
For the summer, there are two colour trends I love, pastels and brights so today I thought I'd share with you my favourite nail polishes for the summer all of which you can find in Boots or Superdrug and are not going to break the bank!
 
 
First up, we have the bright colours! Really opaque blues, pinks and corals look so pretty in the summer! If you have a plain black bikini, you can brighten up your look with a bright nail!
 
Sinful Colours' Feeling Good  (NOTD) - This is such an opaque colour and a really bright hot pink colour that will definitely brighten up your nails!
 
Rimmel's Blue Eyed Girl - This is another seriously opaque colour  and very bright. if you love a blue, this is such a pretty bright here!
 
Barry M's Coral (NOTD) - No Summer nails post would be complete without a good coral and this one from Barry M is perfect. Perhaps not as bright as the blue and pink colour but still really pretty.
 
 
 
I love a good pastel polish! If you were going to a festival and you wanted to wear pastels on your nails, then you could pop a different pastel shade on each nail or do some pastel nail art by creating flowers like daisies on the nails. (You can find a daisy nail tutorial here)
 

Barry M's Blueberry (NOTD) - If you don't particularly like the bright blues like blue eyed girl, blueberry is a really nice toned down pastel blue colour. Also, this polish is from the gelly shine collection from Barry M so the finish is really shiny, love it!
 
Barry M's Prickly Pear (NOTD) - This shade is really similar to blueberry except this is more a pastel lilac shade otherwise the formula is really similar. Again, lovely.

Essie's Navigate Her (NOTD)- I have only recently rediscovered this green shade from my stash and I really like it. I wouldn't say this is a particularly pastel shade, it's sort of half bright, half pastel if you catch my drift.. Anyway, it's a very unique eye catching shade and I really like it.
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and this post has inspired to get a bit more creative with your nails this summer!
 
What do you love on your nails for summer?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X




6 comments:

  1. I love the jelly hi shine ones!:) xxx

    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the new colours they brought out! x

      Delete
  2. I really love the look of Prickly Pear! :) Can't beat a good lilac in Summer!
    Spider Leg Lashes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put the gelly hi-shine nail polishes on my wishlist :) http://www.tanyadoodle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete