Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Superdrug, NYC and Sleek Haul!


 
Last weekend, I headed up to Bristol to visit my brother and whilst we were there, we did a spot of shopping! I didn't get any clothes but I did get some new makeup/skincare products which have been on my wish list for quite a while!
 
 
Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser
My Peaches and Clean cleanser from Soap and Glory has all gone and I was planning on buying the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as I'd heard such good reviews about it but then I saw in Superdrug the hot cloth cleanser from the Vitamin E line which was only £4.99 and I have heard on lots of blogs that this is a good dupe so I got that. It comes in a box with a muslin cloth and feels a lot more luxurious than it's small price tag so I have high hopes for that!
 
Superdrug Vitamin E Intense Moisturiser
I am also just coming to the end of my Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser (which I still have not reviewed!) so I needed a new moisturiser and whilst I was picking up the hot cloth cleanser from this line, I saw the moisturiser and got it. This is an 'intense' moisturiser so it might be a bit too thick for the day time but the consistency doesn't feel too thick so it should be ok.
 
Superdrug Coconut Oil
This little tub of oil has had a lot of hype recently in the blogosphere. I have read on lots of blogs that this makes for a really nice deep conditioner and as a cleanser so I can't wait to try it out! The formula of this is really unique like nothing I have seen before. It's solid in the tub but once it gets warmed up I  your hands, it melts into an oil, really strange!
 
 
Sleek Rose Gold Blush
I was actually planning on getting the face form kit from Sleek which has a bronzer, highlighter and the rose gold blush but instead I just got the single blush. I swatched this today and the pigmentation is incredible!  It's an absolutely stunning shade with loads of shimmer but I hope that it isn't too much for my cheeks. This is my first Sleek product and I really don't know why I haven't got anything from the brand before! The packaging is very sleek (if you pardon the pun..) and reminds me a tinsy bit of the lovely MAC packaging and the pigmentation for all of the products seems to be really strong so I can't wait to try some more from Sleek!
 
 
NYC In A New York Minute Nail Polish in Spring Tulip
I'm really trying to cover on my blog products from more budget beauty brands out there rather than the usual MUA, Rimmel and that lot! Superdrug have lots of brands like NYC, Gosh and Sleek which I haven't tried anything from before because they are not stocked in Boots which is my usual drugstore of choice but I will be trying to venture out there more with different brands. With that in mind and seeing a poster for 3 for 2 on all nail polishes, I picked up 3 MYC polishes from the In a NY minute range which claim to dry really quickly. The first one is spring tulip which is a really pretty coral/neon pink colour which should be perfect for summer.
 
NYC Nail Polish in Grand Central Station
This is a clear nail polish which I got to replace my lovely Barry M top coat which has gone really gloopy. I'm interested to see whether these will be any good with their £1.79 price tag, cheaper than Barry M!
 
NYC Nail Polish in Times Square
Times Square is a bright coral/red colour which again will be lovely for the summer. I think the formula should be pretty opaque from what I can see in  the bottle so this should be quite nice.
 
 
So that's it for my haul, a few essentials and a few new treats to try out! I will have reviews up for all these products so you should expect to see them in the next few weeks!
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 

4 comments:

  1. I love sleek rose gold it's beautiful isn't it :)
    I think I may need to get that coconut oil!

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It's sucha gorgeous colour and the swatches are lovely! Im going to try out the coconut oil tomorrow!x

      Delete
  2. Nice BLOG! I really want to get my hands on that coconut oil too! I already use vatika coconut oil on my hair but I need a good oil for my skin and Apparantely coconut is a very good oil for dry skin which I have so definately need to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete