Tuesday, 2 July 2013

What's In My Makeup Bag?


I have already done this post ages ago when I didn't realise that none of my pictures worked but now this post is back with working images, hoorah! I store all my makeup in my draws but I also use this bag when I go away and I keep it in my handbag at all times for touch ups. I have linked reviews of most of the products in this post if you would like to know more about them!
 
My Makeup bag, formerly my pencil case is a Cath Kidston wash bag with a floral print. I love the pattern and it's really roomy on the inside which I also love. It has a hidden pouch as well on the inside where you can store a palette or brushes which is another lovely feature. This is starting to look a tad grubby so I may repurchase another one of these as they really are lovely!
 
I have divided all the products in my makeup bag into base, eyes and lips to add a little structure to the post. First up, base. I use a mini Benefit Porefessional as my primer and then I have my 17 On The Spot Foundation which I apply with either the MUA Stippling Brush or the Real Techniques Buffing Brush (I am loving that combo at the mo!) I love the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer for my makeup bag because it has a concealer and a powder in a very small package and so I don't have to lug around a powder as well. I apply the concealer with my fingers and the powder with my stippling brush. I only bring this little MUA blush in shade 1 for my cheeks and not a bronzer as I don't bronze up too often. Fortunately MUA's shade 1 bronzer is quite light and small so perfect for my makeup bag.
 
 
Eyes seem to take up the most space in my makeup bag which is mostly down to the MUA Undress Me Pallete that I use. This palette has all the eye shadows that I would need and I can also use the matte shades to fill in my brows. I only have 2 eye brushes in my bag, one from W7 which is the angled liner brush which is used for lining my eyes with eye shadow (which I prefer to using eyeliner as it's softer) and for filling in the old brows. I also have the MUA E3 Shading Brush which I love and I use for applying eyeshadow all over my lid and to contour the crease and apply a brow bone highlight. I don't really use liners everyday (too much effort to take off, lazy, I know) so I like to make my lashes really bold so I have some eyelashes curlers tucked in and my elf Lengthening and Defining Mascara. Although, I do switch up mascaras really often.
 
 
Finally, we have lip products. I don't really wear bright colours for day to day. Instead, I stick to tinted lip balms and 'your lips but better' lip colours like Revlon's Strawberry Shortcake lip colour. And I have been loving this the Body Shop born lippy lip balm.
 
 
So that's it for my makeup. I regularly rotate the products in this bag so I can try new products and then review them for you all. All the products not linked now will be reviewed shortly on my blog so watch out for that!

What are your makeup bag essentials?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

4 comments:

  1. Great selection of products!
    www.petitebeautyblogger.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wash bag - so cute :)

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete