Monday, 26 August 2013

Elf Cream Eyeliner - Review

 
Today I have a review of the elf cream eyeliner for you guys. I have had this liner for about 4 months and have been using it whenever I wear eyeliner!
 
The packaging for this product is nice. The liner is in a small glass jar with a black lid which has the name of the product on. The packaging isn't luxurious at all but it's really practical especially because the lid tightens up well so the eyeliner won't dry out so quickly. The cream liner comes with an angled brush which isn't great, it's a bit too small so I just use my own but if you didn't have one, the included brush isn't too bad.
 
 
The pigmentation of the liner is really good, the formula is creamy so the eyeliner won't drag across your eyes and creates a nice smooth black line. I find gel eyeliner easier to use than liquid as it's more of a dry formula so you don't have to work as fast to get it on your eye. I have had this for about 4 months and it hasn't dried out at all yet although I have heard on some blogs that this can dry out quickly so make sure you do keep the lid on tight.
 
The lasting time for this is very good, it lasts all day which for a product less than £4 is really impressive. I don't find this smudges down my eyes, it stays where I put it and it sets quickly when you first apply it so it won't print all over your lids.
 
Overall, I am really impressed with this eyeliner, it does everything I want from a gel eyeliner, it lasts all day, it doesn't flake, it doesn't drag and it's really pigmented and creamy. I would definitely recommend that you try this if you like gel eyeliners or if you just want to try one to see if you find it easier to apply than a liquid formula. I would not buy a more expensive gel liner than this because I don't think there is anything wrong with this, this really is a fantastic liner and if you did, I don't think there would anything better except more luxury packaging which isn't really necessary in an eyeliner pot! I will definitely be repurchasing this and I think it might even be holy grail!
 
Pro's:
Practical Packaging
Doesn't dry out quickly
Pigmented
Creamy
Cheap
Doesn't drag
Lasts all day
 
Con's:
Only available online in the UK
Included eye liner brush isn't great
 
What is your holy grail eyeliner?
 
You can purchase this here for £3.75
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

 

No comments:

Post a Comment