Tuesday, 20 August 2013

L'Oreal Wild Ombre Preference Kit - Review


 
Since the dip dye trend started ages ago I have really wanted to dip (dye) my feet in but I never got round to it until I saw this diy dip dye kit from L'Oreal which is a lot cheaper than going to the hair dressers and the reviews seemed to be all good! I have never dyed my hair so i was a bit scared about using this because naturally with things like this, disasters just seem to happen but luckily no disasters occurred!
 

The kit comes in three shades for different shades of hair all the way from dark brown to dark blonde. I chose no.1 which is for light to dark brown but I think I probably should have gone for no.2 as the blonde was slightly too dark for my hair. The kit includes: the expert brush to comb through your hair, lightening powder, developer cream, lightening crème, conditioning shampoo and a pair of gloves. Preparing the product is pretty easy with all the instructions written down.
 
 
I did find that it was quite hard to get the dye in the right places and I don't think I did a great job with mine but having really thick hair did not help at all. I would recommend sectioning your hair off if you have thick hair like me. And also make sure you watch lots of video tutorials to see how your meant to do it. The expert brush was quite nice to use but I think you could also just use your hands. I think that if I was doing it again, I would have straightened my hair before applying the dye so that it was easier to apply evenly.
 
So after applying the dye, I left it on for 45 minutes and then popped my head over the sink and rinsed it off with water and then I had a shower and used the shampoo (which smelt a bit like a Big Mac.. not that that is a problem at all) I really liked the shampoo and it didn't make my hair dry like most shampoos do which was good after bleaching my hair. And then instead of a regular conditioner, I applied the Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner which I will review separately but that really helped to keep my hair moisturised and after my hair dried, I didn't find my hair was dry or felt damaged at all so definitely use a deep conditioner afterwards!
 
Overall, I would recommend this product and I think it gives a nice effect if you apply well and it's a good way of trying out the dip dye look without spending lots of money in a salon.
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment