Friday, 16 August 2013

Monochrome Madness - Nails and Eye Make Up!

Yesterday, I was flicking through the pages of Grazia when I came across an article on the new Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro mascara. The article included a really beautiful Twiggy inspired make up look which I fell in love with! So, that picture and purchasing a new monochrome nail polish inspired me to do a monochrome themed post today. I have attempted to recreate the eye make up look in the picture and I have also done a monochrome manicure! I hope you enjoy this post as I loved trying to recreate the Twiggy inspired eye look. Leave a comment below if you enjoyed this and I will make some more themed posts for you guys!
 
 
So for the monochrome nails, I used two nail polishes. The first one was a white nail polish which was from Miss Sporty. The nail polish brush is angled and quite short as it's actually designed for doing tips on your French manicure but it still works well as a white nail polish. I used two coats of this to get an opaque base. Once my base colour had dried, I used my new 17 Graffiti Nail effect in confetti which is a dupe for the L'Oreal confetti top coat which has been raved about a lot. The nail polish has different sized particles of black and white suspended in a clear polish which looks really cool layered over different nail polishes. I loved these monochrome nails, they look like paint has been splattered on my nails, very funky! And I can't wait to try out some more combinations with this 17 nail polish!
 
 
 
And this is the 60's eye look I recreated, a white/silver eyeshadow all over the lid and then dramatic eye liner with a cut crease. As the eye make up is pretty dramatic, I would recommend sticking to neutrals for the rest of the face, maybe a peachy gloss on the lips. This make up would be perfect for a 60's themed party, just thrown on a 60's dress and your good to go!

 



Sorry for the terrible pictures but taking photos of your eye whilst trying not to shake the camera is quite hard!
 
Beauty and the Budget
X

No comments:

Post a Comment