Friday, 20 September 2013

Guest Post: Rimmel Kate Moss Collection!

Today, I have the fifth guest post for you from the lovely Charlotte who blogs about all things beauty over at The Beauty 101. Charlotte will be sharing with you guys today all her products that she has from the Rimmel Kate Moss Collection which I really need to try, those lipsticks especially the red look incredible! Anyway, I will stop rambling and let you have a read about these lovely lipsticks and lacquers!
 
Firstly thanks to Emily at Beauty and the Budget for letting me do a guest post, it's a great opportunity.

So on with the post...

Some of my most recent favourite products are from the Rimmel Kate collection so I thought I'd show you my collection

Slightly boring range of colours, they're all reds and pinks but I love them anyway!

image.jpeg
First up is the Rimmel London Kate Salon Pro in Rock N Roll which is a true red and my favourite nail polish colour
It also has an amazing finish; shiny, non streaky and dense. Everything a nail polish should be!
 
Another great thing about this is the durability. Whenever I wear it, it seems to last for ages, much longer than any other polishes I have
 
Downsides...I don't think there are any




On to the lipsticks. I have 3 (you may have already guessed that but just to clarify) and they are in the colours (from L to R) red 111, deep red 107 and pink 05.
The first two are part of the Rimmel London Kate Matte lipsticks and the third is just a normal lipstick
I love the colours of all of these, they are very suited to my skin tone. The matte lipsticks are very interesting, they have a watermelon scent and a slight gritty texture.
All three are very pigmented so each gives a rich colour to the lips. The last has a slight shine whereas the others are completely matte. All of these lipsticks are very reasonably priced and I would definitely buy more if the opportunity arose
 
The only thing about these are they are quite bright shades and unlike me you have to be quite brave and confident to wear them.
image.jpeg


Here's a quick pros and cons sum up
 
Nail polish
 
Pros:
- affordable
- long lasting
- pigmented
- shiny and smooth finish
- easy and quick application
- good amount of product
 
Cons:
- more expensive than other polishes
 
Lipsticks
 
Pros:
- great colours
- smells good
- long lasting
- dense colour
- attractive packaging
 
Cons:
- leaves a slight stain
- quite bright 
 
Has anyone else tried anyone of these? What are your thoughts about it?
 
The Beauty 101 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment