Monday, 23 September 2013

MUA BB Cream - Review

 
I shall have to admit hat I was extremely to join the BB cream party/jump on the BB cream bandwagon (which ever saying you prefer..) because I like to have a good coverage foundation but during the summer, I got fed up of wearing my usual liquid foundations melting off my face so I decided to try a BB cream and the one that I chose was from MUA, their beauty balm to be specific! Apart from watching Khila (missbudgetbeauty) do a rather negative review of this, I hadn't really heard much about this BB cream so I wasn't really expecting much from it but I was surprised and I do like this! MUA says this is an all in one product which covers, conceals for a brighter, smoother complexion so let's see how I got on..
 
 
MUA's BB Cream is housed in a squeezy black plastic bottle with a twist off cap. Not luxurious but definitely functional as you can squeeze all the product out and be sure that when you travel, the product when smash and go everywhere! I believe that MUA originally only had three shades of the cream but extended the colour options so there are now 8 in total ranging from light to caramel which is extremely impressive for a drugstore brand which only usually have 2 or 3 skin tones. The shade that I have is light rose which is a yellow toned colour and fits to my skin nicely. After having a quick sniff of the BB cream, I can say that it has a slight 'cosmetic scent' which isn't particularly nice but it's not too strong so don't let that put you off. The BB cream contains no SPF but that can be easily rectified by using a moisturiser with protection.
 
 
When I first squeezed out the product, I was surprised to find the formula was quite thick so I did find that this was a bit harder to blend out. I used my fingers to apply this foundation because when I used a buffing brush, I found that this really settled into dry patches but it didn't so much when I used my fingers. Having said that, I think that if you had really dry skin, then this may just cling and not look so great so I probably wouldn't recommend this for you. You've just got to find the right technique to apply this so that it doesn't crease or cling!
 
 
After I applied the cream, I found that I had a light to medium coverage on my face and evened out my skin tone although, I would still need to use concealer on blemishes but if you had really clear skin, then I think this would provide enough coverage for you and look natural! The finish of this is quite dewy and natural which is what I like. I found that the BB cream lasted quite nicely for about 4 or 5 hours, nothing amazing but good for a budget product! I also don't think that this broke me out at all which is always a slight concern when you opt for a cheaper base.
 
 
Overall, this is a nice BB cream and I like wearing this on days when I don't want to wear a foundation. It's not a brilliant product and it does take a while to work into the skin and find the right technique and also if you have dry skin, you probably would find that this would emphasises the dry bits. But it's still a nice BB cream and for the money, I would recommend you give this a try!
 
Pro's:
Affordable
Nice Packaging
Excellent colour range
Decent coverage
Lasts quite well
 
Con's:
Takes a long time to blend out
Can cling to dry patches
 
You can purchase this here for £4
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment