Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Topshop, Boots, Superdrug and New Look Haul!


So yes, another rather large haul, I won't even try to defend myself with this one but I hope you enjoy reading through what I got and of course, you can expect to see all these products that I got in reviews in the next few months, enjoy! :)
 
A while ago I was watching Anna from Vivianna does makeup's video and she was talking about these really nice cami's that she liked from Topshop and I was in need of some new tops so I picked up 2 for £10 which is a good deal as they are good quality! I picked up one in black and another in a seriously bright coral to wear with black leggings.
 
 
I only picked up one thing from New Look when I went in and it was these basic black leggings. Black leggings are a great basic piece to have in your wardrobe as you can wear a bright top (like the neon cami!) and calm the outfit down with plain leggings!
 
 
That's all the clothes that I got, now it's time for the big category, hair, skincare and makeup! Let's start with skincare shall we! I noticed in Boots that they had a good discount on the Botanics range and so I decided to pick up a few things. First was the hot cloth cleansing balm from botanics. Since watching that infamous video pixiwoo did with skincare guru, Caroline Hirons, I have really wanted to try a cleansing balm but didn't fancy spending £40 on the Emma Hardie version so of course I went into Boots to look for a dupe. This one from Botanics looks really good and after I have been using it for a month or so I will review it on my blog. also from the same range, I got the rosewater toning spritz which is a basically a spray that you spray on your face after cleansing and then wipe away excess with a cotton pad to get every last scrap of makeup off. I have used it a few times and it smells really good and is really refreshing as well so I have high hopes for this product!
 
 
On a separate shopping trip, I also went to Superdrug and picked up some more skincare products. First, was this Simple eye roll on for waking up tired eyes. I suffer with really bad bags under my eyes so anything promising to wake my peepers up is worth a try! My skin has been really bad lately so I got two anti blemish products in the hope that they can help! The Clean and Clear spot treatment gel is meant to help reduce spots after 4 hours so I'm really interested top see if this works on those pesky buggers! And then the final skincare product I got was from Freederm, a brand I haven't tried before. It's their overnight clearing serum. Ohh, doesn't that sound fantastic, pop it in before bed and wake up blemish free, or can that only happen in a dream, let's see!
 
 
 
I am a lover of messy beach hair and after patrolling pages of beautiful beachy locks on pinterest, I decided to try some sea salt sprays. The two that I got were the Toni and Guy texturizing sea salt spray and also the Schwarzkopf mermaid salt spray.
 
 
After filling my basket with all these skincare and haircare goodie, I managed to restrain myself when I was in the make up isle! But, I did pick up the new whipped crème foundation from Max Factor. Fun fact of the day, Max Factor is like the UK version of Covergirl and so what made me try this foundation was watching Dulce Candy loving the Covergirl whipped foundation and then seeing Max Factor come out with a very similar product. I haven't heard many reviews of this product yet but those that I have read, have been really good! I also picked up Collection's Illuminating concealer because I really liked the lasting perfection concealer from the same brand and after losing my Maybelline dream lumi touch concealer (long name!) I really wanted to try another so this one looked promising and not too expensive! My final item was this nail polish from Rimmel in the shade instyle coral. I have been loving the Rimmel 60 second range and I think (hypocritical statement of the year coming up now!) these may be better than Barry M *gasps* Instyle coral caught my eye as a really pretty coral and it has been on my nails ever since!
 
 
If you have made it to the end of this post, then I salute you and I'm sorry it was such a long one! I'm really excited to try and review all these products over the next few weeks!
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love this post, I've just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! http://www.valleyoflashes.com/2013/09/versatile-blogger.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Toni and Guy Sea Salt spray! Awesome haul!
    bellesplash.blogspot.co.uk :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete