Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Autumn Essentials!

 
When you start to see burgundy nails and berry lips popping up on all the beauty blogs, you know Autumn is coming! As the leaves start to fall, I really like to start switching up my nail colour, skin care and lip colour choices to prepare for the chillier months. So today, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite products that I'm excited to start using again!

 
Let's start with lip products shall we! I have three different products to share with you guys all of which are in different forms so you can chose one that you like the best. The first product is this power pout lip crayon in the shade Crazy in Love which is a lovely berry colour. I really do love this lip crayon, it's really nicely pigmented, moisturises the lips and leaves a lovely stain! This isn't the boldest lip shade out there so if you are a little scared of going for a really dark shade then this power pout is a really nice way to wear the berry lip trend but not in such a bold way! My next lip choice is another one for those who don't want to rock a bold lip and prefer a softer hint of colour. Cherry Me is a tinted lip balm from the Baby Lips collection by Maybelline. It delivers a really soft slightly red hue to the lips and keeps them really moisturised as well! if you want to wear a slight hint of colour on the lips and keep them hydrated too, then this would be a really good option. My final autumnal shade comes from MUA's £1 lipstick range and is shade 3 which is a purple shade. Purple is a really nice colour to wear in the Autumn time, it's something a little bit different to the normal shades and this one from MUA is really nice, it lasts well and hydrates the lips as well and it's only a pound as well!
 
 
Moving on from lip products, we have nails! I love this shade from Barry M's matte nail paint range! It's a rally nice dark burgundy shade and the matte finish makes it look very 'cool' indeed! If you're a fan of some glitter on your pinkies then 17's potion would be great for you! This has such a cool duo chrome colour with hints of green and gold all mixed in! Another sparkly nail option for the Autumn time would be moon dust from the magnetic nail paint collection by (you guessed it..) Barry M! This polish gives such a cool effect and looks so interesting on the nails!
 
 
So I have two skincare items both of which are moisturisers. The first one is from Superdrug, the intense facial moisturiser from the Vitamin E range. I have combination skin, patches of dryness and patches of oil as well (the best of both worlds *sarcasm*) but in the winter my skin becomes a lot more dry so I need to layer up the moisture and this does the job really well! It provides quite an intense moisture to the skin so for dry skin, this would be a great day cream but maybe for oily skin, leave this for the night time. I have found since using this that I haven't had any dry patches and my skin has felt really hydrated so I would really recommend this! It's important to keep your body moisturised as well as your face and for that job, I employ the Body Shop's strawberry body butter. Everybody has had one of these body butters at some point and they are really nice! They smell lovely and provide the skin with a thick coat of moisture all the while preventing the curse of lizard legs in the chillier months!
 
My final autumn essential is this hair oil from DGJ, a rather random choice you may think but let me point out the method behind my madness! In the winter, it takes ages for my thick hair to blow dry and this is where my hair oil comes in. Just pop a few pumps through the ends of your locks and you should find that your hair dries so much quicker. also using a hair oil in the colder months will make sure that your hair stays hydrated, all rounder eh!
 
What are your Autumn Essentials?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the look of that Barry M Matte shade x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the strawberry range from The Body Shop! It's been really windy and dry here in the Hunter so I'm stocking up on moisturisers :) Mandy @ makemeupmandy.com

    ReplyDelete