Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Treatment Gel - Review

 
I struggle with my skin, I have breakouts that won't go away and black heads that are rather larger than I'd like them to be so when in Boots and you pass a product that claims to reduce and keep spots away, you feel obliged to pop it in your basket and hope that it will be a miracle and this happened again with this spot gel from Clean and Clear..
 
 
The Spot Gel comes housed in a small box which I like because you know then that nobody has been using the product. So when you open the box, you find a grey tube with a purple nozzle housing the gel. I like the nozzle because it's small so it means that you can place the gel right on the spot. the gel has a strong chemical, synthetic scent which can last a little while so that might be a slight issue if you don't like it. I personally think it's ok, a little strong maybe. The gel has a 'gel like' formula (You'd never have guessed!) and a cloudy white colour which can be blended into the skin quite easily.
 
 
I use this when I have a spot which is threatening to take over in the morning under my makeup and last thing at night before I go to bed. I have sensitive skin and I do find that this can really burn my skin when I apply it especially when I apply it after having a bath to the point where I have to avoid putting it on because it burns my skin so much. if you have quite tough skin then you should be ok but if you have really sensitive skin, then I wouldn't try this because it does hurt quite a bit, I think it must be the salicylic acid which is put in to fight the spot.
 
 
The product contains the usual spot fighting ingredients like glycerine, salicylic acid and all that jazz however I don't find this really does anything for me. After putting this on a spot, I don't find that it has decreased in size or stopped increasing either. I have tried spreading a larger amount over a spotty area and I don't find that has any effect at all. I also find that after using this, it really dries my skin out which I think is down to the alcohol in the ingredients.
 
Overall, I didn't really like this product. when I used it the first time, because of how it stung, I thought it was really working and the pain was working but it didn't work for me so I won't be repurchasing this and I wouldn't recommend it either!
 
Have you tried this, what did you think?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment