Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Lush Honey I Washed The Kids Soap - Review

 
For my birthday, my Mum got me a Lush gift box (thankyou!) which was honey themed so of course it included their Honey I washed the Kids Soap! I have never really liked using soap to wash with as I find it really dries my skin out so I was really looking forward to seeing whether this soap from Lush would be any different.
 
The soap is in a sort of right angled (pop a bit of Maths in there!) triangle which is a yellow/brown shade and smells very much of honey which I find to be a bit sweet so I'm not overly keen on the scent so if I was going to get another lush soap, it probably wouldn't be this scent. The shape however I like because I find it doesn't split out of my hands like the standard round shape soaps do! After having a little look on the Lush website, I think that the soap you buy in the shop is a bit different to the one I got in the gift box, it has a sort of clear dark brown honey looking 'thing' around the side but apart from that, I think the formula is pretty much the same.
 
I have been using this soap to wash with in the bath. I've used it about 3 or 4 times now and I've still got 80% left so it does last quite well considering it costs £3.40 for 100g. I find that to get a good lather from this soap you do have to work it into the skin and whilst you rub in the lather, it makes your skin feel nice and soft but, after you wash the lather off, my skin always feels really really dry and nasty just like any old regular soap! Also, the scent doesn't really transfer to the skin either especially as this is a more expensive soap!
 
Overall, I really was not impressed with this soap. I was expecting for this to be better than the other standard soaps I tried but unfortunately , I was really disappointed. i don't know whether it's just my skin that gets dry after using soap (let me knows if it happens to you!) but I really thought this would be different so for that reason I would not recommend this at all and I wouldn't repurchase either, sorry Lush! Out of curiosity thought, i would like to try another soap just to see whether this is a 'rouge' soap or there all like this!
 
Have you tried Lush soaps? How did you find them?
 
Beauty and the Budget
X 
 

4 comments:

  1. I find their soaps to be a bit hit and miss, but I do love the smell of this soap. I can't resist honey products though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you walk past a LUSH shop, the smell just draws you in! x

      Delete
  2. I've personally never tried a Lush soap but I've tried a Bomb Cosmetics soap and I really like them. I didn't use a bar of soap for probably around 8 - 10 years because everyone uses shower gels/creams these days. I remembered I had so many soaps and decided to try them out. I really like them, but nothing can beat a moisturising shower cream/gel.
    I think most peoples skin reacts like yours does to a bar of soap, mainly because not many bars are moisturising enough. x

    Lilie | mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some bath bombs from Bomb cosmetics and I really liked them, they were better than LUSH! I will review them soon! Yeh I agree about the soaps not being moisturising enough I really thought Lush would do that with theirs! x

      Delete