Monday, 7 October 2013

MAC Lipstick in Girl About Town Dupe!

 
A while ago I took the plunge and purchased my first MAC lipstick in the shade Girl about Town which is a beautiful fuchsia pink but I know that most people don't want to spend £15 on a lipstick so I found a dupe which comes in the form of shade 2 from the £1 MUA lipstick range and is an entire £14 cheaper than it's MAC counter part!
 
 
Both lipsticks are beautiful fuchsia coloured pinks which makes blue eyes look bluer (I'm sure that's not a word!) and teeth look whiter, very flattering shades! When you swatch the two colours next to each other the two colours are very similar except the MAC lipstick has a slightly more purple tone to I but unless you are looking closely, you can't really tell the difference between the two colours.
 
I will have to admit I do love the MAC lipstick packaging, you can feel the quality in the black bullet container and it does feel more luxurious but, I think that MUA holds it's own and the packaging does look a lot more expensive than a £1 lipstick with the sleek black circular holder. It performs just as well as it's more expensive counter part and is nothing to be sneered at!
 
 
As well as the colours being very similar, the formula and finish of the two lipsticks is very similar. Both are very pigmented and glide on beautifully to the lips leaving a slight sheen to the lips. I would say that the MAC lipstick does sit a little nicer than shade 2 on the lips but the MUA lipstick still looks lovely. The only area where I will have to say MAC does out perform MUA is the lasting time. I'd say the MUA lipstick lasts about 2 or 3 hours before you need to reapply but the MAC one does last that little bit longer at about 4 to 5 hours.
 
 
Overall, I'd say that the MAC lipstick is probably just a little bit better and the quality of the packaging is lovely but I don't think I could justify spending £14 more just for pretty packaging and a few more hours wear so I would definitely recommend that if you are after Girl about Town by MAC then definitely get Shade 2 by MUA because the shades are almost identical and the quality is really similar too!
 
Beauty and the Budget
X
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love MUA lipsticks, they're such good quality for the price. What an amazing dupe! x
    http://lemonadebudget.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really do like those lipsticks x

      Delete
  2. This is really helpful!! I love MUA lipsticks so am gonna get this next time I got to superdrug :D
    Missbeccabeauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I go into Superdrug I have to get one! X

      Delete