Saturday, 30 November 2013

November Favourites!


I literally cannot believe how quickly November has gone by and tomorrow it's the 1st of December and only 15 days before I got New Zealand! This month, most of my favourites are made up of products that have been in rotation for a long time and have been very much tried, tested and loved!

The first of my oldie but goodies is the Hot Cloth Cleanser from Superdrug. I love this cleanser and would not be without it! I use this every evening with hot water and a muslin cloth to remove the day from my face. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and really calm as well, an absolute must have in my skincare arsenal!

Soap and Glory's kick as concealer I have had for absolutely ages and have been using for equally as long. The kick ass concealer includes a translucent powder which is really nice for top ups during the day and it also includes two different shades of a very creamy thick concealer, one for covering up blemishes and the other for keeping under eye darkness at bay. I like a heavy duty concealer and this has served me very well for a high coverage. The only thing I don't love as much about this is the packaging which has snapped on mine so I have to carry it around in it's box which does make it a lot harder to travel with. But apart from that, I really love this stuff and if I don't end up buying the MAC select cover up, I will be repurchasing this for certain!

You will have all heard me talk about the 2000 calorie mascara by now, it has featured in many of my monthly favourites and I still really love it. It thickens and volumises my lashes and makes them look really black as well and it stays all day too, love this stuff!

One product that I have really liked recently is the MUA matte lipstick in Totally Nude. The perfect nude shade is very hard to find and lots of other nudes have made me look as if my concealer has over run onto my lips as well, not the look I go for! But this shade from MUA is really nice and suits me well however, I'm not too sure about the formulas of the matte range, they are quite drying and stick to any imperfections as well.

I'm a big of the glossy nail look and ever since my lovely Barry M top and base coat ran out, I have been using the NYC top coat instead and have really liked it. It makes any polish look really glossy and prolongs the wear time as well. This stuff also came in handy when I tried a burgundy matte polish from Barry M but I really didn't like the effect so I just slicked a layer of this stuff on top and it got my nails glossy in no time!

Beauty and then Budget
 

No comments:

Post a Comment