Thursday, 13 February 2014

January 2014 Favourites!


Finally, my least favourite month of all is over and we are getting nearer to summer and the sun! This month, I have quite a few new products to rave about as well as some old classics as well!

It wouldn't be a monthly favourites post without a mention of the S&G kick ass concealer, a holy grail item in my makeup bag. I have just about come to the end of this all in one set which includes a translucent powder, two concealers, a peach one for under eyes and a cream one for blemishes.  But not to fear, I've already got another one on standby!

This month, I have been enjoying using the MUA undress your skin foundation mixed with the Bourjois health mix foundation. The reason for my mixology stems purely from the fact that I am unable to pick up the right colour foundation (d'oh..) Nevertheless, every cloud has a silver lining and in this case, I've found a really great base combination! The MUA component adds the shimmer and whilst the Bourjois bit ups the coverage anty. Expect to see individual reviews soon as well!

The La Roche Posay Effaclar duo has been another favourite for me this month as I do think this helps my skin in reducing breakouts. It's also very light weight and helps my foundation stick around for a bit longer.

The Two lip themed products next seem to be responsible for the lack of dry and glazing lips this month. The Lush bubblegum lip scrub is a lovely exfoliator for the lips and really does get off all the dead skin. After getting all the shiz off your lips, you need to seal in the moisture with a good lip balm. Carmex has been with me at all times this month and has overtaken Vaseline as my favourite lip balm. You can never put on too much and I really like the matte finish that you get with this.


Beauty and the Budget

No comments:

Post a Comment