Thursday, 10 April 2014

Physicians Formula, Rimmel, No 7 and HM Haul!



After a long break from the classic weekend shopping trips, I finally broke the trend and went shopping this weekend with a good old classic haul post to show for myself..

Physicians formula is one of the classic American beauty brands that you always see sported by the YouTuber's across the pond but unless your keen to find an eBay seller and pay those high P&P costs, you just won't get them.. until now... TK Maxx is where I tracked down this bronze and highlight duo. Although it's not something I can see myself using, it really was one of those 'just to have it in my collection' purchases that only those with a heavy makeup addiction will get.

The majority of the makeup purchases came from the No 7 counter after I had a go with their foundation matching machine which of course lead to a cheeky foundation and concealer purchase. The foundation in question being their Stay Perfect high coverage offering which proposes a natural finish but concealing the 'not so great' areas as well and the concealer is the Match Made one which goes with the foundation and apparently my skin tone. Having a quick dabble with the concealer (after taking the all important blog pictures first that is) things felt pretty nice in the face department and the concealer had a nice bit of coverage but didn't feel too heavy at the same time, things are looking promising! As a little treat for treating myself tom the two No 7products, I also got a sweet little gift box from the brand with 4 mini products including a liquid highlighter, eyeshadow, mascara and a lip crayon.  

Now it's onto a solo product from Rimmel in the form of their lip liner in the shade 'east end snob.' My latest makeup hunt has been for a good nudish pink (any good'un suggestions, shout them out below!) everyday kinda lipstick. Rimmel's number has a matte finish which I do have to say feels a bit dry but the colour is quite nice leaning on the darker nude side of life and will definitely be making an appearance n a certain nude lip line up coming soon!

Finally onto H&M where I managed to restrain myself quite a bit to just a top and necklace. The top that I chose is a simple grey 'boyfriend' style tee with a black mesh detaily bit around the neckline. I really like wearing it with a pair of jeans and boots for a comfy daytime outfit. And finally the necklace has a gold chain with a little tube not sure what you'd call it kind of something which looks nice with a simple top.

Beauty and the Budget

No comments:

Post a Comment