Wednesday, 25 June 2014

The Everyday Face


After years of trialling and testing, I've finally found a select group of products that just seem to do what I want: cover up those nasty blemishes, get the appearance of having had 10 hours sleep instead of 5 and add a bit of definition to the peepers at the same time.

Base wise, Vichy's Dermablend foundation has been my foundation of choice buffed on with my Real Techniques buffing beauty to get a medium to high coverage all over with a slight luminous finish.

Then I go in with my old chum, Collection lasting perfection concealer and dab a teeny bit on any of the really red, angry blemishes that just want to shine out like a lighthouse on my face. I also blend a bit more concealer under my eyes to look slightly more awake and blend that out with my finger.

To set the foundation and concealer, I then dust on a good layer of the translucent powder from Soap and Glory's Kick Ass concealer kit all over to relieve any shine kicking around.

Then it's time to move on up to the old eyes which I like to keep really simple and easy for when I'm rushing around at 8 in the morning trying to make myself look a bit more human! The first step in my two step routine is to whack on a bit of eyeliner. I usually use whatever liner I can find the quickest but when I'm feeling a little more awake (which I can promise is not often) I will generally reach for either Rimmel's kohl kajal liner in brown for a softer look or for something a bit more intense, I scribble on a bit Urban Decay's Perversion liner. Not that my "drawing on a face" routine has much skill or planning but generally, I line my waterline, then using a cheeky little shortcut I close my eyes and if the eyeliner is creamy enough, it will transfer onto my upper water line as well, cheeky.

Finally, it's time to finish things off, put the cherry on the top of the metaphorical top of the cake. Or just whip some mascara on those lashes. My mascara of choice has been the old favourite, Max Factor's 2000 calorie mascara. I like to pop a few coats of this on my top lashes and then just a little on the bottom to balance it all out.

Beauty and the Budget


No comments:

Post a Comment