Saturday, 5 July 2014

The Five Product Face



If you know me, you'll know I am a huge fan of my bed and sleeping and lie-ins, in short, I'm a bit lazy.. So any makeup routine which will mean I can spend a few more minutes in bed, I will be all over and this includes the five products that I have selected below which would be all I need to get myself looking a bit more human but in a lot less time.

So let's start off with base and call to the centre stage Soap and Glory's Kick Ass Concealer which brings quite a lot to the 'quick makeup' table with two shades of concealer, a peach tone for under the eyes and another beige tone for blemish concealing. The creamy consistency means you can swipe this convenient duo of concealers all over those pesky bits and blend out pretty rapidly. This little kit also has a little translucent powder which although it is quite 'powdery' (if you catch my drift) does really help to keep my skin's natural oils controlled for the majority of the day.

A bit of multi-tasking is coming into play with MUA's Cream Blusher in Bittersweet which you can dot onto the cheeks and blend out with your fingers to add a little something to the cheeks. The cream blusher can also be used as a lip tint although the slightly powdery finish may leave your lips feeling a little on the dry side so remember to slap on a bit of lip balm before.

Unfortunately, I seem to have failed in finding any multi-tasking products in the eye department with these three guys only really working for one purpose. MAC's Eyebrow Pencil in Flatter is a new purchase from me and although it was on the pricey side, I've been looking for a long time for a good eyebrow shade. The twist up pencil makes drawing on brows that bit quicker and the small nib also helps to keep things neat and tidy up there.

Another new purchase from Urban Decay is their 24/7 eye liner in Perversion which although was more pricey than say Rimmel's offering wasn't too bad as I bought it as part of a travel set. Anyway, to make my eyes look a little bigger and like I put a bit more effort in, I like to line my waterline with the pencil.

Finally, it's time for a quick  bit of mascara courtesy of Maybelline's Cat Eyes Mascara. I like to whip a little bit of this guy onto the upper lashes and then just a little onto the bottom to balance the eyes out.

Beauty and the Budget

No comments:

Post a Comment