Wednesday, 17 September 2014

A Rimmel Haul


You know when you have one of those days when you're doing your makeup in the morning and your foundation looks pretty good in the mirror and then once you're out and you look in a mirror in natural light and realise you've got a huge orange blotch on your forehead and there's a rather suspicious contrast in colour between your face and neck.. Well, that happened to me a few days ago which meant it was time for another trip to Boots to try and pick up that rarest of things, a foundation (or two) which is the right shade for my skin! So off into boots I went with a new foundation on my shopping agenda but then disaster struck, I saw it was 2 for £10 on all Rimmel products so of course I couldn't just pick up one foundation..

Having already got the 25 Hour Foundation from Rimmel but finding it too heavy for my skin, I decided to pick up their new 'nude' version of their classic foundation which promises a lighter feel on the skin. Promises of a medium to high coverage, a nice looking bottle and some new lighter shades has this stuff in my basket before I could think of the 13 other foundations I have sitting in my draw at home just waiting to be finished.

I really surprised myself when I decided to buy Rimmel's mousse foundation which has been out for a while now. I don't know why but when I first saw the adverts for this, I really thought it would look cakey and thick on the skin. But a few glowing reviews from some of my favourite bloggers had my mind changed and so I'm looking forward to testing this stuff out very soon.

My final purchase of my little haul is actually a repurchase of Rimmel's Stay Matte powder but this time in the shade translucent instead of the slightly orange colour I had before. A setting powder is an everyday makeup staple for me, it gets rid of that post -moisturiser shine and keeps my makeup on for a bit longer as well so I'm glad to have another of this powder in my stash.

Beauty and the Budget
 

2 comments:

  1. Rimmel London's becoming my staple makeup brand. It's so reasonably priced and the quality of the products are exceptional. And my favourite product from their brand is Stay Matte powder. Although the packaging could improve. I've broken my lid twice already and I've only had it for 4 months. Oops
    Lovely

    http://mynamesiram.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really loving it recently as well! Really surprised I haven't managed to break the packaging for the powder considering how clumsy I am :)

      Delete