Friday, 5 September 2014

L'Oreal True Match Foundation​- Review


Despite spending a lot of time in the beauty section of Boots, a L'Oreal foundation has never actually made it into the bottom of my basket mainly because of their pretty big prices for the drugstore. But with a Boots voucher in hand, I finally decided it was time to take the plunge so I picked up their True Match Foundation in the shade 'Vanilla Rose.'

Now when it comes to shade matching, I really do suck (in my defence, even the No 7 matching machine got it wrong as well) but thankfully, L'Oreal do have an impressive colour range which takes into account different undertones in the skin as well as shades and even I managed to get the right shade.

The foundation bottle looks very presentable and the pump means that your not wasting any product by pouring out too much. The pump also works really well with the runny consistency of the foundation.

I like to use my Real Techniques buffing brush to blend the foundation into my skin. This works really well for me and I seem to avoid any brush marks or foundation build up on my face.

I do have quite bad skin but I do find that the foundation gives a nice coverage although I do still need a bit of concealer just here and there. For someone with good skin thought, the coverage should be enough to avoid whipping out the concealer and it is quite nice for building up coverage without things getting cakey. The foundation has a mostly matte coverage with a very slight sheen but looks very natural at the same time.

Lasting power is pretty good, this stuff tends to last just shy of a school day which for me is about 7am to 5pm. The coverage does fade a little towards the end of the day so I would recommend powdering to keep it on a little longer or maybe using a setting spray.

I really am a big fan of the true match foundation so I'm kind of kicking myself a little for not paying a little extra and trying the L'Oreal foundation range out earlier and some of their other makeup offerings as well.

If you've tried any L'Oreal foundations, let me know what you thought before as I'd love to try some more now I've found this little gem!

Beauty and the Budget

No comments:

Post a Comment