Monday, 8 September 2014

Loving at the Moment #1

 
 
Monthly favourites were a monthly staple on my blog for a really long time but coming to the end of the month and trying to remember what it is I've actually been loving wasn't really working so instead, I've decided to bring you a 'Loving at the Moment' post only when I have a pile of products that I really want to sing the praises of instead of a monthly ramble. So here I give you the inaugural 'loving at the moment' post, enjoy..

L'Oreal's True Match foundation has been my base of choice ever seen I purchased it a few weeks ago and I am very much impressed. The coverage is medium to high and the shade range is very impressive for a drugstore line. The foundation is really easy to blend in to the skin with a mainly matte finish that lasts pretty well. This foundation is a definite one to pick up next time your touring the aisles of Boots.

Ever since I melted my last pair of eyelash curlers (don't ask..) I've really been missing the difference that they make to my lashes. So when I picked up another pair from Topshop, I really did notice a difference in my lashes, they looked longer and fuller so helped to open up my eyes. The electric blue detail on the handles and rubber part also looks pretty in my makeup bag so I'm definitely glad I picked this pair up.

You may have read my big worship of Collection's fast stroke eyeliner in this post here, but if not, this liquid eyeliner is fabulous. It's really black in colour and stays put all day and is quite easy to apply, an absolute must have of you usually spend a lot more on your liquid eyeliner.

If you haven't heard a ramble about the Maybelline Colour tattoo's particularly the bronze shimmery shade, 'On and On Bronze' may I ask whether you've bee looking under a rock for the past year or two? Well if you haven't been using this creamy shadow goodness, then I'd  definitely suggest giving it a try as a one sweep shadow that adds definition to the eyes with no 'blending' or 'contouring' involved.

Beauty and the Budget

9 comments:

  1. Looks like some nice products!!!! Your melting eyelash curler story sounds like a good one! Haha, maybe a post on its own! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd have enough stories like that one to warrant an entire blog haha! Loooking forward to reading through your blog :) x

      Delete
  2. This foundation is bomb in the bottle. It is amazing....xx
    Nika's Beauty Land

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the best foundation I've used yet! xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this foundation, but I'm not sure what shade would suit my porcelain skin tone, any ideas? :)

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay so now I'm going to start sounding like the Loreal PR team but the company has a great offer for their True Match foundation. Head over to their website and take a quiz - they'll ask about the colour of your veins, hair, eyes etc - and then they gather all the information and chose a shade they think is best suited for you. Then just fill in some minor details and they ship you a sample of the shade they've matched you with. I recieved me and it made it so much easier to nip into boots and purchase the product. Hope it helps. BTW they have yellow and pink based shades as well as warm to cool shades.
      http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk

      Delete
    2. My skin is pretty much porcelain as well and I have the second lightest shade which is almost too dark for me so maybe try the lightest shade they do but definitely have a look at the L'Oreal colour match thing, ti sounds very interesting! xx

      Delete
  4. It's creepy but I have all these products. *the shock*
    The Collection Fast Stroke is uber cool. I have mine in a blue/navy sort of colour and it's amazing. Well pigmented and all that jazz. Great post!
    http://mynamesiram.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) That always happens to me as well haha! The eyeliner really is good, I must try some other colours navy blue sounds nice xx

      Delete