Friday, 19 September 2014

The 'Not So Good' Products


Although I do tend to do a bit of research in to products before I buy them to avoid disappointment, I seem to of lucked out a bit recently and accumulated quite a few products which haven't really floated my boat as much as I thought they would. Here's why...

After picking up a few bits from Aussie for the first time, I was so disappointed to find that their mega instant dry shampoo did not work well at all! After pressing snooze in my alarm one too many times the other morning, I had no time to wash my hair so thought a few spritzes of this stuff would fix that greasy mess on the top of my head up. But unfortunately, my hair just felt so sticky after using it and it just looked even greasier than it had in the first place as the spray seemed to come out in a very fine mist making it really hard to blend in. After getting over that terrible hair day, I decided maybe I should try it out again but low behold, the spray mechanism had broken and the product just came out in a little unusable dribble!  Usually, I'd say that maybe I'd picked up a dud but all the reviews that I've read of this seem to say the same sort of thing so I'm really sorry Aussie but if your out for a new dry shampoo, I really wouldn't suggest picking this up. Instead maybe try the Batiste one which I've used for years without any disasters.

Although I've been needing to pick up my usual Soap and Glory Kick Ass Powder since I ran out, the £11 price tag really put me off so I decided to save my self a £10 note and try MUA's £1 setting powder instead. Although I did quite like the consistency of the powder and I did find that it helped to keep my skin quite matte, having picked up the lightest shade that they do it still managed to turn my skin very patchy and orange! I was a bit disappointed by that as the consistency did look really good so maybe if you do have a darker skin tone than me, this may work for you!

Another MUA product that I'm not a huge fan of for the same reason is their new tinted brow gel which I bought to compare to the much more expensive Benefit Gimme Brow Gel. Although the pigmentation of this gel is nice and it did make my brows look a lot more polished, the shade just wasn't quite right for me, a tad too ashy. Having said that, at  £12 cheaper than the Benefit alternative, I will definitely be picking this up in another shade to see if I can make it work.

Unlike the other products I've mentioned in this post, I do actually like these Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, they glide on to the water line easily and are well pigmented. But for a lot less money, the Rimmel Scandal eyes versions are very similar and do last a little longer as well so I would recommend picking a few of those up instead and saving a few pennies up in the process.

Beauty and the Budget
 

4 comments:

  1. I am happy to get a blog as nice as I can find today. Fate led me to enjoy the beautiful words to me
    From Hary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't a fan of the Aussie Dry Shampoo! lol
    Rachel xx
    lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete