Wednesday, 15 October 2014

The Current Autumnal Makeup Picks


























I think we can now safely say that it is now most definitely autumn and of course that means I had to update you all on my current everyday makeup picks for this new season. Here they are...

Base: As I've been forgoing powder recently as the weather gets colder and my skin gets less shiny, I've been applying the Nivea Express Hydration Primer which stops my foundation from sticking to dry areas in my skin as well as prolonging the wear of my makeup. Foundation-wise, I've been pretty loyal to the Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation which has a good high coverage without being cakey which is really impressive seeing as the formula is really thick. And of course I couldn't talk about my everyday makeup without a quick mention of my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which I use on blemishes and I find it covers those guys up for most of the day without being too thick and obvious. For under eye darkness, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer has been a firm favourite for me as I find it's so easy to blend out and doesn't crease at all during the day like the Collection concealer did under my eyes.

Brows: No big changes to report in the brows category, I'm still loving the Benefit Gimme Brow Gel to fill out any sparse areas and keep those guys in place all day. This stuff is an absolute essential for me and I do think I'll be hop footing down to Benefit to replace this when it runs out.

Eyes: As you've all probably worked out by now, the extent of my eye makeup is a bit of eyeliner in my lower tight line and a smear of the colour tattoo's from Maybelline across the lid combined with a generous dollop of mascara all over the lashes. My products of choice for this little routine have been the classic Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Pencil in black which tends to stay put for the entire day. The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe is a new shade to my collection, it's a matte grey shade which I read somewhere suits green eyes, my fingers are crossed.. Nothing new in the mascara category, just the usual Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara in black which I may have forgotten to pop into the picture, woops.

So there are all the products that will be gracing my face for the next few months, some old favourites and a few newbies to the set but nevertheless, I'm a big fan.

Beauty and the Budget
 

No comments:

Post a Comment