Friday, 14 August 2015

Currently Loving #1


I've wanted to get back to doing some form of favourites post for a long time but I always felt like monthly favourites were a  bit laboured and were more of a 'grab whatever's on top of my makeup draw' than a true idea of what I've really been loving. So I've settled on the idea of a 'Currently Loving' series and here is the first one, enjoy!

I don't often go for eyeshadow day to day but recently, I've really liked using my long-term fave, the Naked Basics Palette. The shade 'WOS' - a matte peach, looks really nice swept across the lid on a fluffy brush with a little 'Naked 2' (a matte grey toned brown) swept into the crease. These two shades combined isn't anything too fancy or dramatic, it just adds a little everyday depth to your eyes with minimal effect involved - my kind of style..

Next, it's the turn of the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara which I think may be my absolute favourite mascara of all time and that's not a title I like to beat around! The Telescopic unlike lots of the other mascaras available from the drugstore has a really thin and long wand which allows you to make your lashes look a lot longer and darker. The thinner size of the brush also makes it really good for use on your bottom lashes which I cannot do with a regular, fatter brush as I seem to just get mascara everywhere! The only thing is that this mascara has actually been discontinued int he UK so I had to wait till I was in North America to pick another tube up so if you're ever across the pond, make sure o give it a go!

The Max Factor Creme Puff Blushers have had quite a few mentions on my blog recently but they really are worth it! These marbled and baked blushers give a really nice colour to the cheeks and also a very subtle highlight to your cheekbones - definitely one to have a swatch of!

My final favourite to share today is one of the Bourjois Velvet Rouge Edition Lipsticks in the shade Don't Pink of It! I really like all three of the shades that I got from the range but this mauve toned nude shade I'd say is one of my favourites! This colour seems to match my natural lip colour perfectly meaning that this is a really good one for me to use as a natural everyday lip option. I've done a longer review of this range on my previous post if you liked to hear more formula and finish themed chat!

Beauty and the Budget

6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colours! I really love the sound of the Max Factor Creme Puff blushes, amazing post! :D xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | follow for a follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Naked palette, Bourjois lipstick and Max Factor blush as well!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Max Factor blush looks so pretty! xxx

    http://emberst0rm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defintely worth a swatch! I think the shades of the blushes are also meant to correlatw to your skin tone so you can get one that suits you personally which is pretty cool! x

      Delete